1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

1- Success making beetroot caramel
    2- Spotting a 'spy cat' (don't ask!) with the boys on the way home from school
    3 - Trying on pair of jeans in the size below normal - and them fitting.

2. 1) The man who phoned me from the Times...regarding a subscription. We had a nice chat. He was very flirtatious for a posh bloke.
    2) The robin who visits me regularly. He hopped right up on to the back door step this morning, and cocked his head to one side as if he wanted acknowledgement. He stayed ages..He is very bold and cheeky.
    3) My sister, recalling an embarrassing incident at work.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

1) Getting an "Mmmm, they're good" about the biscuits I baked for my 6th form group;
    2) After being concerned about the naff lesson I had planned for Year 9, finding that they engaged really well and it was actually pretty good.
    3) Having to lift a very sleepy cat off the bonnet of my car so I could drive home. He look distinctly peed off but it amused my colleagues.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

finding i have monday off
    seeing my son yesterday
    finally having some money in the bank( not for long mind you)

5. 1) Finding the two lessons I was supposed to cover because of class photos didn't need covering.
    2) Finding a cardigan I thought I'd lost
    3) My daughter choosing to eat lettuce and humous rather than chicken nuggets

6. 1) 'Love It' magazine at the GPs. Sample article: 'I went speed dating with my dead gran'
    2) Year 10 being off on study leave - extra free!
    3) It was light outside when my alarm went off

7. Coming home to a graze box - vanilla pumpkin and sunflower seeds, chilli rice crackers, mmmm....
    Getting through a double lesson with Y11 and every single one of them being brilliant, performance exam is only in 3 weeks but they showed so much improvement today that I'm feeling calmer about it
    Bouncy, licky welcome home from the hound [​IMG]

8. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I found a pound coin at the bottom of a bag.
    Deciding on a sweetshop theme for brownie holiday.
    One of the boys who was kept in at lunch time actually apologising

9. 1. My 18 month old daughter blatantly flirting (successfully!) with a cute waiter.
    2. Belting along to songs from Glee in my car.
    3. Two lovely young ladies who didn't believe I was old enough to have a daughter, let alone the 29 I will be in a few weeks :) (All together now - "Should have gone to Specsavers!!!!")

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I had those last week! Most impressed with the vanilla seeds - mmmm

11. redz

redz New commenter

1. knowing that son is no longer vomiting and I don't have to wash his duvet for the umpteenth time
    2. the sticker on the wrapper of my sandwich from hubbie and son saying "we love you Mummy"
    3. knowing I'd be getting to do a fun course tonight that is was just for my own benefit and fun and non school related

12. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

• The lovely SFL teacher bringing me in a cupcake that she baked because she thought I needed cheering up.
    • The child I had to have severe words with yesterday towing the line today
    • Holding my colleague's 2 wek old baby who she brought to introduce us to.

13. crezz1

crezz1 New commenter

Started at a new school last week:
    1. Took Year 8 set 4 maths for cover - supposedly an awkward group - they were delightful and really did some great work!
    2. Member of staff got a new job for September - so don't have to go through a redundancy situation now!
    3. Just love the school, the staff, the kids!
    Can life get any better?

14. impis

impis New commenter

Two members of staff are expecting babies. A Y 9 boy commented 'Boy, you teachers must REALLY like doing IT!'

The school chickens follow me like the best trained obedience dogs - walking to heel, and having great 'recall' . They always make me smile -strutting around the school garden as if they have their handbags tucked under their wings.

Winding up / teasing my male colleagues is usually good for a laugh. Especially the grumpy one.

15. 1) Overhearing my very bright, but unmotivated ADHD boy saying " Hey I upped my game today and I think it reads ok" talking about his writing (I've just levelled it at a level 5 - HOORAY!)
    2) On leaving nursery, having my pockets rummaged through by my 2 year old when I told him I
    had no money for the shop! "I'm sure you have mummy" was his response!
    He'll go far my son!
    3) Spotting a reed bunting (don't see them very often) in the garden, whilst I cooked tea.
    [​IMG]

16. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

1) Sue Sylvester in the Madonna episode
    2) My 5 and 6 year old kids arguing about whether the chicken or the egg came first
    3) A moonie from my 5 year old

17. 1) Giggling like a teenager at the innuendo on the Acme whistles wesbite
    2) Niece getting her first teaching job (hence the reason for looking at Acme)
    3) Spending 2 hours after school with decent pupils who actually want to learn

18. gameplayer

gameplayer New commenter

1) the Peter Harvey verdict :)
    2) discovering (from another theread on here) that there's an Outnumbered DVD
    3) seeing a deer in the garden this morning

(Totally wipes out the cr&p leadership I'vew experienced today)

[​IMG]

19. 1. Had to keep one of my class in for part of playtime because he'd been playing up. When I let him go, he thanked me and apologised for his behaviour.

2. One of the above child's mates also mucking about, then realising I was unimpressed with such behaviour, and behaved beautifully for the rest of the afternoon. It was lovely.

3. Entire class, including me and two TAs, in fits of giggles at the start of the afternoon because one of the girls (who happens to be the daughter of one of said TAs) accidentally sprayed her water bottle across half the classroom. It took me about five minutes to register 19 kids because none of us could stop giggling.

20. Having my reception class gaze and question anxiously after seeing a year 8 girl who 'fell over' (in dramatic exhaustion) after runniing an 800m. They were all so worried and concerned and wanted to check she was alright.
    My Year 5 & 6 students being completely and utterly absorbed in the lesson being taught to them by two Year 9's. Those two will go far!
    My boyfriend sending me a text telling me to keep my chin up and smile. Only 8 more lessons until a 3 day weekend!