1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I admit it - I'm a coffee snob!

2. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

1. Spending the afternoon gardening with the SEN Y11 lot and having a mini water fight [​IMG]

2. Seeing a kid walk straight into a glass door (it's ok, he was only slightly stunned) it was slap stick comedy at its best!

3. Having a 'sensible' discussion with a class (who are normally pretty unruly) about the General Election and being THANKED after - quite refreshing really.

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

I was not at work today as my 10 year old spent the night being sick, so my three are not "usual":
    1) receiving an email from a cover supervisor telling me one of my classes had been fab for her
    2) getting another email from an extremely dippy y7 asking what the homework was (due tomorrow)
    3) my 1 year old cat rolling and luxuriating in the sun on the patio table this afternoon - we rescued him at the end of February - it is so good to see him relaxed and happy!

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

1 Riding the motorbike into work. So long suckers in boxes! Big rin. Vroom!
    2. Telling my students my motorcycle socks have L and R on them so you know which foot (and proving it, they do!)
    3. The laughter when I showed them a really rude fungus called Phallus impudicus. (It looks just like an erect penis!)

5. 1. Putting the hood down on my car.
    2, The naughty boy who asked if there was any chance of having any more 1:1 tutoring
    3. My daughter, after loads of disappointments, has had her offer accepted on her new housel

6. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Love this thread.
    1) A girl in my Year 3 class with severe learning and working-memory difficulties being able to read cat, hat, bat, rat, sat, mat and fat all by herself today. She only knew /a/ and /d/ at the start of the year!
    2) Getting home to realise I have the place to myself all night. Bliss!
    3) Seeing the lovely new John Lewis advert for the first time.

7. What a postivie thread!
    1. My year 2/3 class saying ahhhh when I said I won't be in tomorrow as I've got to go to a course.
    2. Being told to price some new reading books for my class.
    3. Going to view a new house and being pleasantly surprised as it's just what I'm looking for (minor problem of having to sell mine first though!)

8. I have a slight permanent smirk born of not having hot flushes and broken nights anymore but can't think of three things that have specifically made me smile today, though I can think of at least three that have made me want to punch someone.

9. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Ooh I could name more than that....
    But I am being positive!

10. 1) Counting how many lessons I'll have free once my year 11 and 13 classes have left.

2) Having to stop my car in the middle of the road to let a mother duck and her babies cross the road.

3) Getting an email from my headteacher thanking me for the lesson that she observed last week.

11. This thread has made me smile :)

1. Marking my Year 12's mock exams papers to find that every single student had achieved an A! Gobsmacked, very proud...but wondering if they somehow managed to get hold of the answers...

2. My daughter telling me how much she'd love to be a vet/teacher/doctor/author....Yeah, she changed her mind a few time but I'm glad that the ambition's there!

3. My husband offering to cook and clean up for the first time in quite a while!

Overall, it was a good day!

12. 1) Decorating a colleague's office and singing Happy Birthday to her this morning!
    2) Getting a very sweet and random email from the new man in my life.
    3) Eating fishfinger sandwiches for tea whilst chatting to a girlie friend I don't get to spend nearly enough time with!

What a fab day!
    [​IMG]

13. Being asked by one of my bottom set Y7s if I have to spend my own "home" time planning their lessons, and then being thanked when I said yes. Bless.
    Seeing the back of my worst class for just over a week.
    Walking the dog
    Sitting outside until 9:30 with a book and a glass of wine, roll on summer!

14. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

After-school club reporting that my son had been nice today (quite an achievement!)
    Spotting my apple tree covered in white & dark pink blossom in the sunshine - stunning.
    Brand new Brownie excitedly telling her mum how much she'd enjoyed her first evening... and it was my first evening in charge since deciding to train as a Leader instead of just being a frequent helper.
    [​IMG]

15. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

(Yesterday - today's still to come!)
    1 - The look of amazement on Son 1's face as he realised tooth fairy had got into his bookbag and magicked money into his sealed envelope and the tooth had gone from it.
    2 - seeing a university friend who was visiting this side of the country
    3 - Realising the car wash I went to was a conveyor belt one and the car steers itself through. Very exciting!

16. My new car - I can see it now from the window .
    Sharing a home made pasty with my dog.
    My new geranium plants I planted out this weekend in the garden.

17. I'm cheating as this happened the other day:-
    1) being told by my 6year old who was cross I'd not let him on the Playstation 'YOU'RE THE WORST MUM I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY WHOLE LIFE!'
    2) Watching and wondering why my cat always chooses the second he's sitting in my view to thoroughly clean his bottom. Nice. Sod off down the garden.
    3) Being cuddled and lovingly looked at by the aforementioned son a little bit later...

18. Yesterday they were... 1) My 7 month old daughter laughing so much she was all out of breath, 2) An elderly couple holding hands and 3) Peter Kay! Well actually he made me laugh...

19. Brilliant idea for a thread - making me smile already!

1. Being complemented by my mentor on the numeracy lesson she observed this morning (PGCE), saying that I'm doing well for this stage of my final block placement.

2. The amazing effort some of the kids put in - one of the boys who I usually can barely rouse into doing much was so entranced by his worksheet that he was visibly disappointed when I asked everyone to stop at the end (bless him!).

3. Knowing that I've got a pile of trashy celebrity magazines (my weakness!) to go home to as I'm staying at my mum's at the mo and today she's been to the shops :)

20. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Today's batch...
    Seeing the Garden Club members' faces when they realised that the big stack of pallets was going to become their much longed for Bug Hotel.
    Their excitedment at finding a 7-spot ladybird, several spiders and oodles of woodlice in the various twigs and sticks that we were filling it with.
    My thrill at seeing a robin hop all around and into the Hotel within minutes of the children leaving it ... and realising that I had my camera within reach. It's a great photo! I'll print it out on A4 and take it to school tomorrow.