1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

I'm not quite understanding what you're saying...

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maleficent doesn't get out until Tuesday at the earliest: I'll have time to clean the house.

3. silkywave

silkywave Occasional commenter

Very much trying to focus on the positives at the moment while my life is extremely frustrating.

1. Rugby. Enjoyng watching Internationals and club.
    2. Realising I am much better off than some of my friends, so keeping any moans to myself
    3. Getting in two good walks between the rain.
    4. Anticipation of seeingthe film Fabulous Beasts or whatever its called.

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Who was that Scotch poet who wrote about things not working out as we would hope?

5. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Lead commenter

Probably Rabbie Burns. However Mick Jagger sang "You can't always get what you want."

6. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I have poeople who care about me.

Kids who ask in a genuine manner if I'm okay and if they could get me anything (I have a cold and look like death, they were lovely).

One of the tough rugby players in school singing in class (music class thankfully) and loving it.

Bonus thing: It's stopped raining.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I attended on Maleficent on two occasions when our children were present and she complained about the pain that laughing caused her. When I collected her today I had occasion to make a quip about Presbyterians that brought the same response. Now and again the fear lifts.

8. gingerhobo48

gingerhobo48 Lead commenter

Seeing a Dr who actually listened to us and got eye contact.
    Seeing my daughter smile for the first time in ages because of above
    Getting everything she needs on ONE prescription! I don't think this has actually ever happened, I am so happy, plus he explained her blood test results in detail so we didn't have any residual concerns.
    This doctor is definitely a keeper. He is new to our surgery and I really hope he stays. He even explained the dosage of the tablets she was on and how long she could safely stay on them.

dominant_tonic likes this.
  9. gingerhobo48

gingerhobo48 Lead commenter

Made me more than smile, made me almost pee myself laughing:D. . . If teachers were cats. . . If teachers were cats. . o'h and If teachers were cats:D.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maleficent is happy with her re-emerging figure.
    Maleficent still can't go out.
    Maleficent struggles to sit at the computer.

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maleficent isn't spending money.

12. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

mr s putting some of his stuff away earlier from the pile on the bed. the pile i hadn't yet washed. luckily it was shirts, not smalls, so easily identified and rescued

13. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

1. Jenson Button - ironic smile as he retires from his last race due to mechanical failure
    2. Jenson Button and his dad
    3. Jenson Button winning his one and only world championship

14. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

1. Christmas- christmad decorations out
    2. Boys rolling around on the hugging each other for no particular reason at all (usually they end up fighting).
    3.Mastering playing "somewhere over the rainbow" on ukulele.

gingerhobo48 and dominant_tonic like this.
  15. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Watching some Chinese tourists punting on the Cam this morning with huge smiles on their faces despite the cold and damp conditions.

Do I need two more ?

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

1. Having a coffee at our usual Sunday morning coffee shop. They have started giving us chocolate digestives.
    2.The smell of my casserole cooking.
    3. My new rug (Christmas present). Grey with purple border.

17. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

1. First batch of mince pies of 2016.
    2. Useful coaching in my rowing session this morning. Good advice that I managed to follow and which really worked.
    3. My dogs all snoozing on the sofas. Bless them.

foxtail3 and dominant_tonic like this.
  18. josienig

josienig Senior commenter

* Video of my grand-niece in a swing in the park.
    * my newly washed car..it was filthy after driving on gritted, salted roads for the last week
    * the reactions of my brother's dog watching Planet Earth..actually that made me laugh out loud!

foxtail3 likes this.
  19. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

10K on the exercise bike after quite a break.
    Lovely open fire
    Discovering that the expensive spray stuff for cleaning light fittings you can't take down to wash, really works. Sparkly lights!

josienig likes this.