1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have made you smile today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Milkandchalk, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

After a very hard day at work,I've decided to try to focus on the positives or I'd be pulling my hair out very soon.
    1. One of my dyslexic boys who at the beginning of the year wouldn't even put pencil to paper wrote a page report, broken down into paragraphs.
    2. A child I didn't know held the door open for me at lunch time and when I said thank you she replied with 'you're welcome'.
    3. A supressed grin when I had to say 'Jimmy get your head out of Bobby's lap' (Not real names)

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

<ol>[*]a fantastic display of apple blossoms at number one son's school[*]the second movement of Beethoven's 7th Symphony played silly loud[*]'popping' the gold foil of a new jar of instant coffee</ol>

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

1. Seeing the sea from my new house

2. Apple blossom

3. A Year 7 girl mishearing NO GINGER ***** IN THE BUILDING as NO GINGER BOOBS IN THE BUILDING, and the ensuing giggles.

4. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

1. The delicious chicken sandwich I made myself for lunch
    2. Laughing with my class when I said 'suck your chairs in' instead of 'tuck'
    3. My SEN child (statemented for speech and language needs) retelling Goldilocks and the Three Bears to the class along with different voices for the characters.

5. And just how do ginger ***** (or boobs), not sure which, fit into the NC? And can you really see the sea? Can I come?

6. 1. received my first Graze box!
    2. worked with my 'top' group in maths: they can now all use the grid method to multiply decimals to 2dp!!!!!
    3. got home to find a small slice of cheesecake left in the fridge (it's not there now!)

7. doomzebra

who stole my bloody cheesecake?

8. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

1. The second completely calm day in a row in my class (a first since we were set-up in Jan - yay!!)
    2. Being accepted onto the post-grad dyslexia course I applied for
    3. Being bought choccy biscuits by the work experience student who was leaving today

9. Just realised that 2 of my 3 are food[​IMG]

10. oh was it yours zebra, you should have left a note!

11. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

might need you to teach me that one... mine don't get decimals no matter how much I try

12. It was my top group milkandchalk - haven't gone there with the rest!

13. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

They don't! It was supposed to be funny, I think, but it backfired on the (ginger) shouter-outer big time!
    I can, just. As for your sexual performance, I have no idea.

14. Smell of the new bag of coffee beans I opened. Daffodils. Terrifying my last class of the day into 50 minutes very productive silent work.

15. doomzebra

coffee BEANS?
    There's posh for you, airy

16. someone opening the door for me in the Post Office
    looking at a funny picture I took the other day
    my child

17. 1) Recieved car loan money into bank account - might not be there for very long but looks a lovely number!!
    2) Spent an evening with two rather scrumptious ICT tech blokes. There was particularly nice moments involving them standing on chairs to reach wireless points [​IMG]
    3) Child with ADHD who is also in a wheelchair with a broken leg (Bad combo) refusing to take his breaks off whilst being pushed across the playground by my PPA cover teacher. So much easier to see the funny side when it isnt you!

18. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

My year 9 class making fantastic bread today, both foccaccia and bread rolls, being such a fabulous class to teach, clearing up well and thanking me!!

Getting my gorgeous new car, it's on facebook for those who know me!

The sun has shone all day.

19. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

• The look of delighted horror on my class' faces when I explained how spiders eat flies (they are reception and love gore)
    • The barely contained snort of mirth from my TA when one of the children, searching for minibeasts in the ICT suite found one he didn't recognise. As I was working with another child at the time, he called out, 'What does this spell? C-o-ck-ch-a-f-e'.
    • The 'welcome home from work hug' from my daughter
    I have loads more smiley moments from school. I love my job

20. Chris4

Chris4 New commenter

1. Sunshine all day, magnolia trees in full bloom

2. A pupil who has been in hospital being taught by me, going home for the first time in four months today

3. My dog splayed out in the hall when I got home, grumbling when I stepped over him