1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 things that have got on your t*ts today.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Apr 1, 2011.

1. 1. A foreign gentleman phoning and wakening me from my sleep to tell me that he was rom Virgin Media and asking me i my computer had a virus or was running slow. When I told him I had no problems and to go away, he replied, "Oh my God, you have saved me a lot of work today, you are the first person I phone today who has no computer virus!" To which I hung up !!
    2. My husband told me he had a mish-mash of a meal last night for himself, instead of the food I had lovingly and thoughtully bought to he could have a nice tea!!
    3. I sent my husband to Ikea to but some things that I am now not sure I could afford :s

2. Lily try calling them - mostly companies will honour things like that as you've had the audacity to ask and they've no good reason not to.

1. Idiot husband turning off alarm causing me to run late for an appt. If you want a job doing...
    2. Fool boy in front of me taking a week to get money out of the machine. If there is a queue, locate your card before you get there!
    3. My mother phoning me and then leaving the line open whilst ignoring me.....and breathe....

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

1. The cat lovingly jumping on my new trousers and pulling threads in them.
    2. The fact that it takes Tesco 24 hours to debit your bank account but up to a week to refund it.
    3. Realising at the end of an interview that my swirly pink top was tastefully decorated with this morning's strawberry jam.

And no: I didn't get the job either. [​IMG]

4. 1. Ex OH
    2. Y11
    3. Santander. (Who are incompetent enough to merit a daily place on this list).

5. 1. The person at work who relentlessly gave extra work to me today despite knowing what my workload was like anyway.
    2. Woman on the counter in the petrol station who thought I had nothing better to do than wait until she'd finished her phone call to her friend. Relationship problems apparently!
    3. Me (don't ask but I really have irritated myself today)

6. 1. Ofsted came in yesterday so had the fallout today!
    2. Staff not wanting to take the blame for their inadequacies
    3. on a course tomorrow so cant get absolutley hammered tonight!

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

The fact I never got to see your t*ts today.
    The fact I haven't so far, got on them today.
    The fact You haven't even sent me a photo of them so I can send you a suitable bra for Christmas.

8. taj

taj

Hear hear

9. 1) Spilling a glass of water
    2) Dropping and breaking a dinner tray
    3) Spending the entire afternoon tidying/cleaning and it still looking no better.

10. 1. Foreign idiots buying wine queue jumped in supermarket.
    Checkout idiot: Are you 19? I need ID. (they look late 20s)
    Foreign idiots produce ID showing they are 27.
    Checkout idiot: That's foreign ID. We can't accept it. I need to call my supervisor.
    Me: Should I go to another till? (i.e. serve me while you're waiting)
    Checkout idiot: If you want.
    Supervisor: That's foreign ID. We can't accept it.
    Long conversation ensues about whether or not the should buy the bread they wanted without the wine. (What are they, disciples?)
    They decide to leave everything and it takes an age for someone to take it away.
    2. Broke diet and had choc.
    3. Michael Macintyre on the telly.

11. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

a bloke only offered me 275 a ton for some stone
    stone was very heavy
    rooftop blustery

12. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

This one wasn't so supprising, given the sense of humour you've been displaying.

13. Why isn't there an edit function?
    I've a late substitution for no 3.

14. No, no, Michael Macintyre is a worthy addition. Im glad im not the only one who finds him utterly irritating - the arm waving and the way he speaks drives me insane.
    Rhod Gilbert however...i'd eat him for lunch, yum.

15. Dont get me started on Santander! - my elderly and confused mum wanted to transfer some cash over to my brother in America recently. Although I have power of attorney, I felt it would be easier ref signing stuff if I actually took my mum into the bank as under the LPA, my hubby has to sign any paperwork with me (no good if he's away or at work!!)
    I took loads of stuff with us for ID purposes - passports, proof of address etc.
    Managed to drag my poor old mum all the way from the car park, through the shopping centre and along the high street to the bank. Queued up for ages, then when I eventually got to the cash desk, the girl told me they couldn't do the transfer without sight of my mum's bank card. And guess what ... mum had come out without her handbag.
    [​IMG]

16. margie2

margie2 New commenter

Just the one (to echo what missmj wrote) :
    Santander (surely, the worst "bank" in the UK)

17. margie2

margie2 New commenter

[why are their staff so rude / off-hand? we closed all our accounts with them yesterday and will never ever deal with them again]
    another thing that got on my wick big time yesterday: it has become impossible to deal with HMRC by phone, I've tried all week, to no avail, will have to make appointment, etc. (all that for a simple clarification] it used to be much easier

18. ChilePhilly

ChilePhilly New commenter

1. Inconsiderate idiot who parked his van right on the pavement so that the only way to get past it was to go on the road. What am I, a car?
    2. The equally inconsiderate idiot who didn't pick up after their dog - I now have dog mess on my shoes.
    3. My patronising idiot of an MP who has written me the most condescending letter I've ever read.

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

<ol>[*]A colleague who is having a hard time dealing with it by being a *** to everyone else. I am happy to do sympathy or even something more practical, being someone else's whipping boy I draw the line at.[*]Being trapped in a 10 minute conversation with arrogant ****** of a colleague. I love most people I work with and try to avoid this one so it was annoying and unfortunate.[*]A parent defending unpleasant behaviour by her offspring. If he is making rude personal comments about me apparently that's probably because they are true. Charming!</ol>

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Agreed! Banking with them was a nightmare from opening the account, through attempting to change my name to closing the account.