1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 qualities in a partner

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mfl-hopeful, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I know mutual attraction is important but what are the three qualities you value most highly in a partner?
    1. Honesty
    2. Still deciding
    3. Still deciding

2. elisa1

elisa1 New commenter

1, sense of humour, 2, compassion, and 3, intelligence xx

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

kindness

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Accepting who you are - faults included
    Able to listen to you
    Someone who cares about you
    Not necessarily top 3 but important to me.

5. Honesty, good listener and being "in tune" with their emotions (not overly sensitive but not cold either).

6. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

3 is really difficult. I'm going to cheat and do 5.
    Honesty, humour, acceptance, interest in wider affairs so conversation is not limited to work and pub etc., and the ability not to take himself too seriously.

7. 1. Acceptance
    2. Patience
    3. Lovingkindness
    Or altenatively
    leather
    Leather
    LEATHER

8. 1. Kindness
    2. Understanding
    3. Having a common outlook on life/sharing some (not all! I HATE football) interests

9. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I have always believed it impossible to find another who have certain qualities that would please me. Indeed I find the very idea repugnant. Therefore I have and always will live alone. I am fortunate in that I am not restricted /hindered by sexual desires or needs for which I always give thanks. I certainly do not believe as some women appear to do, that you can put in the qualities in another that are missing. Accepting people for who they are pluses and minuses is a key to a happy outlook on life. In short don't look for qualities in another to help lead you to a prospective partner. Meet others befriend them if you will. Accept them for what they are.

10. Kindness
    Generosity - I'm not just talking about money.....
    Ability to laugh - even at himself

11. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

1. Millionaire
    2. Age >95
    3. Dodgy heart condition!
    [​IMG]

12. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I nearly meet all three criteria Belle, not quite 95 yet x

13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

[​IMG]
    PM me Richie!!!!

14. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I think that if I loved them and they loved me then that would be all that was necessary - anything else we could work with.

If I could pick three characteristics....I think I'd go for....
    Strength of Character...I'm a sweetheart, but I need someone to keep me grounded. Someone to take a firm hand with me and help me deal with my occasional bouts of self-loathing, my Aspie melt-downs and my insatiable longing to belong to someone. (This might seem a lot to ask....but trust me, I'm a really special person, ...I'm hard work but really worth it!)
    A Shared Faith....My faith is vital to me. My ideal partner would share this with me. Combining a strong, deep Christian Faith with the openness and tolerance I believe God intends us to have to one another.
    A Compatible Sense of Humour....As an Aspie, some forms of humour just confuse me. And I feel really uneasy when people start laughing and I don't understand why! ...And I'm sorry, but Mr Bean is not remotely funny. You must be laughing at something else!...And if my partner can make me laugh, then that's a real plus-point.

I'd also like to ask for...someone who can accept that I can't have children (and will help me to accept that it doesn't matter to them)....someone who can accept my totally weird family....and someone who shares my many and varied bedroom kinks (Yes, a couple can have a satisfying and loving relationship without sex, but I've gone without for long enough!!! I want bedroom action and plenty of it!)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I understand where you're coming from. My ex reckons I have mild Aspergers.
    [​IMG]

16. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

1. Honesty
    2. Patience(they'll need it)
    3. I can't pick wether to have intelligence or a sense of humour as number three so I think I'll go with decisiveness.

17. 1. Honesty

2. Openness

3. Compassion

18. That should fill your in box... er, as it were!

19. bnm

bnm

I think I can only answer this in terms of 3 things I really like about mr bnm.
    1. His really happy outlook on life and ability to smile within 2 seconds of being awake.
    2. His thoughtfulness and care: looking after me in the little things in life.
    3. His intelligence and interest in life which allows us to have conversations about all kinds of things.

There are lots more, but these will do for a public forum.

20. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

1. A flippant attitude to life
    2. Acceptable hygiene standards
    3. Their own teeth