1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 hours per fortnight.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by ffallanca, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I wonder if anyone could help. Tomorrow I have an interview to teach 3 hours of French per fortnight until May. I am on ups2. Should I expect to be paid to scale and should I expect some sort of contract? It has been mentioned that they would like to introduce Italian to the school in September (my other subject). I don't want to seem rude and greedy but I would like to know what I can expect. Thank you. Sorry for long post!

2. I wonder if anyone could help. Tomorrow I have an interview to teach 3 hours of French per fortnight until May. I am on ups2. Should I expect to be paid to scale and should I expect some sort of contract? It has been mentioned that they would like to introduce Italian to the school in September (my other subject). I don't want to seem rude and greedy but I would like to know what I can expect. Thank you. Sorry for long post!

3. coppull

coppull New commenter

Yes to both questions assuming you are in a normal school.Ask the questions to HT after you have been offered the job and before you accept the job.

No you are not greedy.Professionals are paid the correct rate for the job.

4. Thank you. I got the job and will be paid to scale. And get a temporary contract.

5. coppull

coppull New commenter

Excellent news.