1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

£3 for a bong?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Jan 14, 2020.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I had (wrongly) thought that the OP was questioning the price of one of those glass filtration devices generally used for smoking cannabis, tobacco, or other herbal substances. (Also known as a water pipe, billy, bing, or moof...

Apparently).

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

£3 for a bong?

Given this suggestion comes from Johnson, are you sure it's bong not bonk?

ajrowing likes this.
  3. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Even though I am a passionate Remainer, i will gladly contribute to ringing of Big Ben, with the proviso that Boris Johnson is used as the clapper.

4. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Nice to know where your mind's at, maaaaaaaaan :D

nomad likes this.
  5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

How would you differentiate that from just being a Remainer? Is it different from being a stalwart Remainer
    Asking for a Remainer friend who is at level ordinary.

6. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I might pay if it sounded like this:

mathsmutt and gainly like this.
  7. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Looks like it isn't going to happen anyway.

8. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Perhaps Liar Johnson could pay for this event and all his rich carpet baggers friends running the Academy Chains

9. LondonCanary

Can you name and link 3 of those friends?

Jesmond12 likes this.
  10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

11. caress

caress Occasional commenter

My granny always told me to "keep my hand on my ha'penny" so I shall be keeping my 3p.

Come to think of it, she only ever used that particular phrase when I was going out with a boy so maybe naughty granny was not, in fact, telling me to save my money!

12. LondonCanary

13. Aquamarina1234

Are you saying they're not?

14. LondonCanary

I am sceptical that Johnson has friends among those named or has any influence over their appointment. Nobody has ever suggested it is so which leads me to think they are not friends.

15. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

people who care not a jot about wildly inflated cost of fictional ferries, Cross Rail, academy chains and HS2

suddenly care about the mistakenly inflated cost of a jingoistic nonsense big bell bong (ohhh try saying that 3 times)

We are through the BREXIT looking glass, sounds like some could use Nomads original Idea :rolleyes:

mathsmutt and ajrowing like this.
  16. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

When will all this speculation about a bell end?

17. Aquamarina1234

No speculation: he definitely is!

18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

19. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Mark Francois has donated £1000.00 to the campaign.
    Another donor gave a tenner and said "Why does it cost £500,000 to ring a bell. Sounds like a RIP off".

20. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Why don't people read or listen to the news? The mechanism is currently dismantled for maintenance. Installing a temporary floor and making a temporary electrical ringing mechanism - £120,000. Delaying the restoration work while this is done (and then dismantled) £100,000 a week.

Personally, I'd just play a recording. Very few people are actually going to hear it live. Still, if that's how people want to spend their money, so be it (I see the crowd funding has already jumped by another £4000 in the last 30 minutes).

caress and Lara mfl 05 like this.