1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

3 different year groups, 3 different classrooms and 3 different jobshares in 3 years.. FAIR???

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Pasty_2, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I'm annoyed and wondering if I'm a moaning *** of if 3 different year groups, 3 different room changes and 3 different job shares is fair or if I'm just feeling persecuted and paranoid... How would you feel if this was you? Any ideas on how I get through feeling so angry? Trouble is I need a reference to get out and my head is NOT changing his mind...
    ARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I'm annoyed and wondering if I'm a moaning *** of if 3 different year groups, 3 different room changes and 3 different job shares is fair or if I'm just feeling persecuted and paranoid... How would you feel if this was you? Any ideas on how I get through feeling so angry? Trouble is I need a reference to get out and my head is NOT changing his mind...
    ARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Look at it as good experience, a challenge & time to hone your skills.
    Last Friday I attended a reunion for former members of staff at school. We were reminiscing how when the school first opened up, we hadn't enough classrooms built & had to teach in the corridor 'dining bays'. So 4 bays with octagonal tables (children constantly 'accidentally' knocking the bar which kept the table level) separated by panels for a class of 30. No blackboard/ whiteboard etc., but learning still went on & we had some really creative teaching taking place. Real 'Individual learning'!
    I actually look back now on how much good experience it was an an NQT.

4. Yes so much change in just three years is hard to stomach but that's good advice. Try to turn it to my advantage...

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are the three different posts within three years or all for September?

If over three years then it isn't really a great hardship. I assume the job share is due to working part time and wanting one?

I'll be in my third year in my current school in Sept and in my third year group, third room and third year team partner. So not all that different to you. All have been my choice to a point.

6. I can understand but as I've actually been forced out of a permanent post and work on a temporary contract now and maybe forever (temporary contract meaning I do whatever my head wants - I don't even talk to her about what I'd like to do, just grateful to have a job) I tend to think you are better off than many.
    In every school I've worked in a change of year group would mean a change of room automatically. I have covered classes across my school (PPA and management release time) which has meant 2 different year groups a day most days!
    Depends how your head treats other colleagues too. Jobshares tend to come and go as people go off on maternity leave, decide they want to be full time again and obviously some jobshares simply don't work. Bite the bullet and hopefully you'll find a job you'll enjoy more for January. Good luck.

7. Yes third in three years. I'm full time but 3 days in management role. Yes grateful for employment but not enough to take it lying down! lol Thanks for feedback... Spent weekend doing planning for next year group... Rest of staff don't really move as they all full-time in class on own.