1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

2ww and alcohol?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Harriet75, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Hello! Am 9dpo and it's my birthday at the weekend. Going out to celebrate and debating whether it's ok to have a couple of drinks. Would only be one or two as not a big drinker anyway but it'd be nice to raise a glass to another year. What do you think? Would it do any harm? Not got any preg symptoms and know it'll be a double whammy if af arrives and I feel I've missed out too iyswim?

2. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

It is, of course, entirely your decision. However, if I were you I would be having a couple of drinks, but try to match any drinks you have with water if possible. I'm a wine drinker, so I'd probably drink white white spritzers to help - especially in the lovely weather! If this month is successful, you will only just be around implantation time and I'm sure I read that any potential baby doesn't take on anything from the mother until a few weeks. Happy birthday for the weekend!

3. I'm generally pretty free and easy about this - if it was me I wouldn't think twice. With my first I wadmt trying and dtank half a bottle of wine at 4+5 (I didnt know) and also got plastered at 7dpo. My far more csreful recent attempts have netting nothing.

4. I got my BFP at 9dpo so stopped drinking then. But the day before had been drowning my sorrows as I thought we were out that month! I also don't drink much and tend to drink wine, but I must have had about 2 or 3 glasses. That BFP worked out ok... she's rolling about on my living room floor atm!

5. [​IMG] chin, chin Harriet! x