1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2D Artists working on themes of recycling and/or sustainability

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Lisarti, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    Ive just started my first placement and have been asked to devise a project for the year 10's around recycling and sustainability and to include some 2D contextual references. Im really struggling to find anybody to look at as most I have come across are working 3D.. Any ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Lisa

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Quite a bit of Banksy's work would suit the topic in the sense that he highlights the problem. Like you, I can think of lots of 3d artists so why can't they let you use them?

3. I was told about a great one called John Dahlsen and he is totally relevant to the project.. thanks for the heads up on Banksy I will take a look and see how I can fit him in! x

4. is it more artist you are looking for - because there's lots on more graphic designers highlighting this problem.

5. Well its my first placement so I was trying to devise about 10 different lessons all going off on different threads so when I was told to find a contextual reference for somebody doing 2D work on issues around recycling or sustainability my mind went blank.. I just couldnt find anybody.
    What I did find was some fantastic examples of weird and wonderful art made from all sorts of stuff and eventually somebody suggested John Dahlsen. The kids have loved looking at the random pics and I got them to do a great project around collage based on that so my emergency has passed for the moment:eek:) Thanks all for your suggestions tho!