1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2Ball Basketball Music any info, memories etc please ???

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by flossyd, Aug 25, 2017.

1. flossyd

flossyd New commenter

In 2008 I use to run a 2Ball basketball shooting comp and had a cassette tape (yes i know cassette tape) with the music that had timed accompaniment for the shooting period. It had phrases like "1,2 ready go" and "Running out of time". It was a great motivator for the shooting comp and Im desperate to find it again.
    If anybody had transferred a copy to digital device or even CD or can remember it could they please please get in touch.
    The game consisted of rubber mats thrown on the floor with different points and 2 players would shoot alternately to score as many points as possible whilst the music plays.
    I cannot remember the company who provided it or where the pack came from as it had official score sheets. But if anyone can throw some light upon this it would be very very much appreciated.
    I used this from 2000 - 2008.
    Thank you.

2. flossyd

flossyd New commenter

[​IMG] this was very very similar to the cassette cover

3. t_ferguson

t_ferguson New commenter

I remember that, it was a fantastic resource, the music worked so well. I used it for so many warm up activities, the kids all knew what they had to do and each song was exactly one minute and very up tempo.
    I used it during an inspection lesson and the inspectors were impressed that I had created music of an exact timed duration. I was happy for them to believe that.
    I don't have a copy but would love to get hold of it if anyone else has one.

4. njs1999

njs1999 New commenter

It was Kellogg's. I remember doing it at school (approx 2000).

I also used it when teaching, but have left the school where the CD was so unfortunately won't be able to get a copy for you.