1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2am and cant switch off!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by valiantkate, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Looking for another job, had enough of spending every waking second doing or thinking about work- life shouldnt be like this, should it? Go to work, get there at 7.30, short lunch, left work tonight at 7.00, get home, say hello to my family, have tea... or is it supper by that time? Stroke cat, washing in machine, back room, do more work, go to bed, cant sleep as I am thinking about work, might try to go back to bed now- it's 2.32 am (precisely) Feeling pretty ****** off.
    There, sounded off. Wish I felt better. Goodnight, or maybe it's just another day...................
    Could try writing racy novels?

2. Looking for another job, had enough of spending every waking second doing or thinking about work- life shouldnt be like this, should it? Go to work, get there at 7.30, short lunch, left work tonight at 7.00, get home, say hello to my family, have tea... or is it supper by that time? Stroke cat, washing in machine, back room, do more work, go to bed, cant sleep as I am thinking about work, might try to go back to bed now- it's 2.32 am (precisely) Feeling pretty ****** off.
    There, sounded off. Wish I felt better. Goodnight, or maybe it's just another day...................
    Could try writing racy novels?

3. You are not alone, take a look at this, might give you some hope :)
    http://ukheadsup.com/?page_id=385#Chloe

4. scienceteacha

scienceteacha New commenter

I know how that feels, I have had periods of insomnia myself in my life. Try antihistamine sleeping tablets, worked wonders for me!!!

And set yourself a time limit for work done in evenings, if it aint done by that time accept it won't be done!!