1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

27 year old wanting to become primary teacher

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tubidik, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Don't you need to be working in a school already as an unqualified teacher or a nursery nurse?

2. I am an overseas trained teacher and it seems like it is almost impossibleto get a position as an unqualified teacher. PGCE is a very expensive way of getting the qualification if you are not coming from an EU country:( How did you find the school as an unqualifed teacher? I d really appreciate if you could share with me the websites you used for it

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

There are thousands of teachers who are qualified but who can not find work. It is a tough field and I doubt a school would hire an 'unqualified' teacher when they have so many NQTs out there to choose from. We recently advertised a post and had over 150 people apply. We are in an extremely difficult notorious catchment area and still had this many applicants. Sorry to not give you better news.

4. veritytrue

veritytrue New commenter

Hasn't been to college, has travelled around until the age of 27, has now decided he really wants a quick, paid route into primary teaching but hasn't bothered to find out for himself - promising beginnings!

5. I am aware of that as well.That is why I wanted to find out how people manage to get QTS via GTP. How do they get a position in a school without having a teaching qualification despite those unemployed teachers?