1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Don’t do it!!!

I know you’ll regret it about two mins after you’ve eaten it...

Have a long long bath x

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Another pound off. Celebrated with a pizza!

3. lizgaskell

That’s great aquamarine!

This glorious weather is helping isn’t it? I’ve cut the grass and walked to the gym.

Night off work tonight ...

4. Aquamarina1234

I've still got raging insomnia. We were going to go to the cinema last night but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Having a bit of a nap now, then a brisk walk.

lizgaskell likes this.
  5. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

Managed the Half-Marathon in 2:16. Had put on a stone while recuperating from surgery, so not too bad. Couldn't run all the way as scar was pulling after 8 miles. Now to work on a proper dire-exercise regime for the summer

6. Aquamarina1234

I've had such a bad week diet-wise that I gave up tracking. MrA trotted home with a slab of St Agur (reduced), and a lime and coconut cake he bought at a charity bun sale. I succumbed to cake twice when meeting friends for coffee; I had fish and chips one night; I shared a colleague's birthday chocs; I had wine on 3 separate occasions. We're off out for a pizza on Friday so God knows what the next weigh-in wil look like.

sunshineneeded and lizgaskell like this.
  7. lizgaskell

I had fish and chips last night ... oops

Thing is, work is full on at the moment, family pressures are taking its toll and last thing I have time for is worrying about tacking food. Making it to the gym once or twice a week and still not back to running yet.

Break up Friday so plan to have some time to myself and get back on track.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Feeling podgy and squeezing into clothes so I'm in the mood to turn over a new leaf. I've been eating lots of bread, butter, cheese and had a lot of meals out. Out for a meal tonight but I wont overdo it and then its meat and plain veg or salad over the weekend. As always with me, its just a few lbs that I need to lose but they are just stuck. Tight trousers have done it for me though.

pepper5 and sunshineneeded like this.
  9. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I'm doing okish...but not very fast weightloss, so a bit depressing. Patience not being one of my virtues!

I've bought Michael Mosely's book about the 800 fast diet and it looks like my kind of thing.
    800 calories is easily doable for me on a usual day and keeping choccie and alcohol for the weekend is manageable.
    A stone in a month will put me where I want to be and another half stone will be ideal.

We'll see...going to start Monday. :)

sunshineneeded and lizgaskell like this.
  10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Long weekend away … read 'long breakfasts, lunches and dinners!' Nothing posh, just a weekend in beautiful countryside with family. But it involved lots of cooked breakfasts, pizza, chips and everything that I try (not always successfully) to steer away from. Resisting the scales today, going to get back on track and try and undo the damage before I weigh myself. Hope everyone else is having a good week.

11. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Also sampled the most delicious Kentish fruit and honey ice cream! Probably 400 calories plus per scoop, but worth it!

12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Yes not bad thanks @sunshineneeded . A couple of pounds have come off and I've found it quite easy so far.

lizgaskell and sunshineneeded like this.
  13. caterpillartobutterfly

I ate a humongous Chelsea bun earlier with a coffee at a farm shop and bakery.
    I was probably about 500 calories worth of butter and sugar, so not exactly worth it by nutritional standards, but soooo yummy!
    800 calories not quite going to work out today though.

On the plus side, this morning I was two pounds lighter than a week ago...before the above Chelsea bun though!

14. caterpillartobutterfly

Monty Bojangles has jumped on the diet bandwagon.
    I take a wrapped choccie truffle from the box and go to eat it only to find it is a perfectly puffed up and sealed empty wrapper.
    [​IMG]

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  15. lizgaskell

16. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

3lbs down in a week so pleased with this. Its easy when I've got my head in the right place and no social events. Having a fishcake with poached egg for lunch on my Wednesday Walk and there's pasta that must be eaten tonight. I'll have a small portion and make up with veg. Maybe I'll get away with it. I'll let you know.

17. Aquamarina1234

Well done all! I am trying out a new recipe tonight that involves stuffing lumaconi with (home-made) Italian sausage. T'menfolk jumped right in with "Well if it's going to be Italian Night, how about throwing in a tiramisu?"
    Now I could have a nice crisp apple instead, but...

18. caterpillartobutterfly

Must be national pasta day...we are having pasta as well.
    Luckily it's with a lovely tomato, olive, caper, spinach and prawn sauce, so I can have heaps of sauce and a tiny bit of pasta. (And luckily I don't like pasta as much as the sauce, so no great hardship.)
    We've just fallen out... I am seriously traumatised by the missing choccie. Can't believe you laughed...:oops::p

19. lizgaskell

Think it is hysterics...

Just back from a revision session - yes I’m on holiday-and not one of the students said ‘thanks.’

Don’t think I’d normally be bothered but it’s the wrong time of the month .

Enough to drive me to chocolate caterpillar

pepper5 likes this.
  20. caterpillartobutterfly

Well buy some Monty Bojangles and you'll not break your diet!

Kids are weird things, especially teenagers.
    Don't take it to heart.

lizgaskell likes this.