1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

It would be weigh-in tonight but it's not on because of the bank holiday. Just jumped on the scales and have put on at least a pound. Hope I can shift it by next Monday.

2. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Eaten better today and will have probably lost it all by Monday when I go back to work- or that’s the plan! Been in a four mile round trip to collect son from uni so now planning a long walk on beach now.

Bought some nice fruit in Waitrose on the way back- don’t have one here so a bit of a treat. This weak I shall be mostly eating that - and dust!

3. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

a 7-mile and 6-mile run in the last two days and much better diet so really feeling that I am back on the right path. Mind you did have three days in France with bread, pate, saucisson and wine, so am probably working that off first. I really want to get back to the low weight of last year and build fitness. Half-marathon is 4 weeks away.

4. Aquamarina1234

I meticulously record my limited activity on the WW app but so far it's low level walking, or pottering as I call it, gardening, housework and playing with children. Not burning much. But at least I didn't eat any Easter eggs.

5. lizgaskell

As soon as I am back at work things will be easier. At the moment I seem to be faced with food constantly...

Meet friend for coffee? Go on, have a cake. Girly lunch? Oh no! What’s for tea? Takeaway?

Was at work yesterday running a revision session and ate like I normally do ( very little) and I feel lighter already.

Tartuffe, I should really get some running in too.

6. lizgaskell

Nice walk with friend and even avoided cake with my coffee!

Back in the diet bus

7. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Back to work today...
    Chicken breast and salad for lunch...resisted the cakes.

However, having some home made simnel cake now...but home made has no calories! ;)

lizgaskell likes this.
  8. Aquamarina1234

Saint Agur and Oatcakes. X 5.

9. lizgaskell

Ha! Never has a truer word been uttered !

10. Aquamarina1234

I put a pound and a half back on. I absolutely must have a loss to show next week.

11. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I've just got to the stone off this year, less than I'd hoped but better than nothing. I'm hoping to lie another half stone by the time I have my hip replacement next month.
    It's incredibly difficult when you can't be very active, but at least I'm getting out into the garden.

12. lizgaskell

A stone will make a huge difference to your reviser too I suspect ... well done!

13. Aquamarina1234

WW cancelled again for another bank holiday. I hope they're adding all these Monday cancellations on to the end of the contract.

14. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I'd be delighted if SW cancelled next week as I've put a couple of pounds on and am now over my target (again). This is my 'grace' week - if I can get back to target that's fine, if not I have to start paying again and go every week. Don't think I can do it in a week, but I'll try.

15. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Well done all those doing so well...I'm going to work very hard over the weekend not to put back on any pounds that might have gone this week of being very good.
    A week and a half until weigh in...I need to demonstrate I have at least tried with weightloss!

16. lizgaskell

Feel like a massive hippo this week as exercise and diet - and it’s that time of the month - have not gone well. List of things have added up together against.

Back up to 11.9

Need six off!!

17. Aquamarina1234

I need another half a stone off to be able to get into the dress I want to wear to a wedding in July.
    Must try harder.

lizgaskell likes this.
  18. lizgaskell

Swapped my raisins in my porridge this morning for fresh blueberries. Not as sweet but probably shaved off some calories.

Only have this at weekends and it is a treat.

Looking at little ways to get the last bits off now.
    Reckon I have been complacent and been overly snacking ( on fresh and dried fruit and fibre based oatcakes and stuff) when I clearly don’t need it at the moment as I am not running twenty miles a week ... sadly.

sunshineneeded likes this.
  19. Aquamarina1234

4lb off! I know I said "Must try harder" but I might have overdone the veg. Guts were extremely dodgy the last 3 days, which no doubt helped, but was prob down to too much fibre swashbuckling its way through my intestines.
    Feel positively sylph-like so will celebrate with chili AND rice.

20. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Somehow back to target at weigh in tonight - at the very top of the '3lb over' range allowed. Still, it makes me feel better and will hopefully spur me on!

Now, how shall I reward myself tonight … that Snickers bar in the fridge that's calling me? Or a couple of crumpets with Nutella? That's why I keep slipping back over my target!

Hope everyone else is having a good week.