1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Lead commenter

4 hotel breakfasts probably haven't helped this week. I lost 4.5lb in the first 2 weeks but doubt if I've lost this week.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

'Like' seems a bit mean, given this is a dieting thread. But hotel breakfasts are soooooo good that I had to like the fact you have had them. Sorry.

I've had breakfast out on Monday, lunch out Tuesday and today, and coffee and cake out yesterday.
    I doubt I've lost anything this week either, other than all the money I've saved on petrol by not going to work.

Start again tomorrow...

sunshineneeded likes this.
  3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I haven't done too badly so far this week - but having lunch out tomorrow, dinner out on Sunday, then three days away Monday to Wednesday. Hey ho! I'll try to 'make good choices' as the SW consultant is always advising us, but if you're going to go away, you have to be able to enjoy it! There's always the following week ……!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

'Good choices' can sometimes mean chocolate brownie cake with white chocolate ice cream... It's the 'mentally healthy' choice. ;)

Hmmm why do I still have another stone to lose...?! :rolleyes:

5. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Hey! Broke up today and am seriously knackered ... had a very very busy and stressful week and it ended at five pm this afternoon when I pressed submit for our coursework element after some seriously frustrating IT issues.

I logged off, turned around and notice some angle had left me a cream egg.

I ate it in one bite.

Not had chocolate for months - haven’t even fancied it - but today I just did.

6. sunshineneeded

Yes, I had a cream egg given to me too, before we broke up. I did consider (for two seconds) saving it for the grandkids, but then I'd have had to buy another three (more temptation) … so the obvious thing to do was to scoff it straight away!

7. lizgaskell

Great to hear that we are all human! The funny thing is I can’t tell my husband for fear of letting him down! What a secret to keep.

Heading off for a long 8/10 mile hike in the country today so that will help.

Pack for five day European city break in Monday and clean house tomorrow

Weighed in at 11 4 so no change in ages but can wear size 12 shorts!

All is good

8. Aquamarina1234

I just typed a post and it vanished!
    I'm a stone lighter than you lizgaskell, but can only dream of wearing size 12!

lizgaskell likes this.
  9. caterpillartobutterfly

Weight is weird isn't it.
    I'm half a stone lighter and wear size 10, but look much bigger than a friend who weighs two stone less than me, but also wears size 10.
    I feel fat next to her and weigh two stone more...making me overweight and her at the lower end of 'ideal'. Yet we wear the same size clothes and they aren't tighter on me than her.
    It's an insane state of affairs and going shopping together is mad. We so clearly look very different sizes, people must think we are mad buying the same size.
    It's crazy.

lizgaskell likes this.
  10. Aquamarina1234

Well well, I lost 2lb! Slightly wondering if their scales are bust!

11. caterpillartobutterfly

These are incredibly gorgeous and only about 30 calories per mini lolly.
    A great alternative to yogurt for a low calorie pudding.
    (OK so I did eat two of them, but still only 60 calories, so not actually that piggie!)

Available in sainsbugs and waitrose (and maybe other supermarkets as well, not sure).
    They are probably aimed at children, but hey ho!

http://www.claudiandfin.co.uk/our-frozen-yoghurt-lollies/

upload_2019-4-17_20-28-23.jpeg

sunshineneeded likes this.
  12. sunshineneeded

Thanks, ctb - am going to Sainsburys today so will have a look. Food shopping for a family meal on Easter Sunday - at least when I'm doing all the cooking I don't eat so much!

13. lizgaskell

I liked’ this but of course I don’t mean ‘like.’

I am tallish so that’s gotta be it. Big boobs (36 f) mean that if I don’t wear fitted tops I look sort of round!

Away in a fab Spanish city at the mo and have eaten my entire body weight in paella, meat and bread ( which is avoided at all costs like the plague at home- I’ve properly demonised the poor bread bun!) and all washed down by beer and wine means I need to instigate Operation Starvation as soon as I get home!

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  14. caterpillartobutterfly

Tiny boobs you have there! Mine are 32GG...people have enlargements to half the size of mine! Hate them.
    Mmmmmmmmm sounds great.

15. lizgaskell

Crikey caterpillar. You DO have big boobs! They’ll be a stone each

Leaving for home today so diet starts again tomorrow. Can’t commit today as you never know what will happen and I suspect we will succumb to a take out...

16. caterpillartobutterfly

I often think about trying to weigh them and see...
    Hate them!
    You CAN'T start a diet on Easter Day!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    It is the one day of the year when it is more or less compulsory to each empty sugary calories! :)

17. lizgaskell

Oh dear

Weigh on reveals a 6lb gain.

Eek!

18. caterpillartobutterfly

Oooops...
    But you'll lose it fairly quickly with a few salads and a run or two.

Bet it was worth it though. :)

lizgaskell likes this.
  19. lizgaskell

Oh it was!

Start tomorrow

20. caterpillartobutterfly

I've managed to put on two pounds and haven't been anywhere!
    I'm kidding myself it must be muscle from all the gardening and walking...but I think it is probably fat from all the chocolate mini eggs!
    Ahhh well.

lizgaskell likes this.