1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Tartuffe, hope you are fully recovered now x

2. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Yeah me too!

Been quiet on here- expect we are all snowed under at the moment. I have to get myself together and get to the gym but can't stop yawning and the class starts in twenty mins

I am still in my coat and work gear

3. lizgaskell

Morning all.

The sun is out and I am looking forward to a long walk in the countryside today.

Weight loss? Still the same - have been maintaining now for months but no gain thankfully.

How's everyone else?

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I have lost just over a stone...so lots of looser fitting clothes which look better.
    Bit disappointed the weight loss isn't quicker, but heaps of other things going on, so dieting hasn't been the priority I thought it would be when I started. Hey ho.

In two weeks it is Easter holidays, so three weeks of daytime gym classes to get back into the habit and then longer days to keep it up in the evenings.

So instead of being where I want to be by Easter, it'll probably be nearer May half term. But still on track.

Long walk out in the countryside tomorrow and park and walk in to town later today.

So overall, not brilliant, but going in the right direction and optimism about the next couple of months.

5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Over a stone os brilliant, ctb. Just keep going steadily. Very well done. I started well but haven’t kept it up. I need to make another effort now spring has arrived.

6. lizgaskell

Oh I bet you can really tell the difference ctb!

Three weeks until easter break here too and wanted four Pounds off before then which hasn't happened. Not too worried just need a kick up the proverbial!

7. caterpillartobutterfly

I can tell the difference, but still wearing all the same clothes so other people haven't really noticed yet.

Spring definitely helps with dieting.
    Making New Year resolutions in January is always daft!

8. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Still faffing around with the same couple of pounds so haven’t really lost that much so far this year. I’m not too disappointed with myself because I’ve lost nearly 3 stones, gone down 2 sizes in clothes and bra cups! If I wasn’t still going to SW I’d have probably gained 10lbs. It is definitely easier to stick with it when the day time is longer. I need to re-focus and not cheat! Keep going, folks!

9. susanrk

susanrk Occasional commenter

I lost over a stone between summer and Christmas last year. Recently a few pounds crept back on. I've been better for the last couple of weeks. Realise that buying chocolate is a bad mistake! Hoping I can stay motivated too!

lizgaskell likes this.
  10. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

One of the soloists at my concert (St John Passion - smashed it!!!!) has lost over half of his body weight. We speculated it might have been with the help of a gastric band. I'd guess he's 11st now and could easily have been 23st before and had been big since he was a boy. He's 30 ish now. Some people thought he looked too thin but I didn't.

11. caterpillartobutterfly

Oooops. Think I might have eaten about 8 000 000 calories today.
    Ahhh well tomorrow is a new day.

lindenlea likes this.
  12. lizgaskell

Ha!! I had a day like that last week- sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Today I forgot to eat lunch and wondered why my stomach groaned all the way through detention.

13. caterpillartobutterfly

Been very good today...
    Might have made up for it. Well maybe not quite, but hey ho!

lizgaskell likes this.
  14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I've just rejoined WW. Maybe because I'm so inactive now, it's been piling on at a pound a week. I need to shed 17lbs to get back into my summer clothes.
    I'm finding it incredibly difficult. I'm hungry all the time.

15. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

Well I am almost back to full fitness although I have not tried running yet. 4 weeks since the surgery and I have put on about 8 lbs. I need to be out and running so that I can feel fitter and start losing the weight I have put on. Thanks for those who sent best wishes earlier.

16. lizgaskell

That's great news Tartuffe... the better weather, albeit brief, will help physically and mentally .

No running here either despite good intentions but left work at a decent time (feel so over worked at the moment and need to make time for myself) and i plan on having a cuppa and then walking to the gym via the beach!

It's so bloomin' nice here today!

17. caterpillartobutterfly

3.5lbs this last week, so not at all bad.
    However in a super choccie mood tonight and we have some in the house, which is a problem!

Ahhhh well.
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

sunshineneeded and lizgaskell like this.
  18. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

caterpillartobutterfly, you're doing brilliantly! 3.5lbs in a week is amazing! The staff room table was groaning with chocs and Easter treats all last week - I had good days and bad days there. I'm just on the very top of my SW target weight (you're allowed 3lb over). It's so easy to slip. I'd like to be 3lb under !!! That feels so far away - but I need to work to get there before going on holiday in July. However much I plan for 'this year to be different', I seem to leave all my good intentions indoors when I lock the front door and set off to the airport!

lizgaskell likes this.
  19. caterpillartobutterfly

Our staffroom table was similar @sunshineneeded
    I can resist sweets, cakes and biscuits with ease. Chocolate eggs are another thing entirely.
    And now it's the holidays and I have great intentions of Pilates and Body Pump tomorrow.
    And of not eating cake every time I meet a friend for coffee.
    We'll see.

6lbs by July should be manageable. 1/2lb a week seems possible.
    Maybe.
    Some weeks anyway.

Good luck!

sunshineneeded likes this.
  20. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

I’ve had family visiting this week and I’ve eaten and drunk way, way too much. I need to get back on to it now even though I don’t really want to. Really don’t want to go for weigh in but I will go, and face up to the fact that I’ve seriously overindulged! 6lbs by July sounds good to me, too, so here goes. Extra long dog walks next week! Good luck everyone.

sunshineneeded likes this.