1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I couldn't do a public weigh in for anything.
    I like the private one and it means someone says 'well done' which suits the attention seeking part of me.

I'm signed off work for a while now and am not too well, so no diet products, just lots of motivation to eat healthily needed. However, lots more time to exercise so hopefully not a disaster. Determination to be thinner/fitter/healthier is definitely still there.

Might have to do my own weigh ins at home to check all doesn't go pear shaped...we'll see.

Ezzie likes this.
  2. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

Hope you are better soon @caterpillartobutterfly. There is a lot to be said for the public weigh in, but I now feel the same responsibility when I weigh myself.

3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

@caterpillartobutterfly, hope you feel better very soon. I'm also off at the moment, have had flu for the first time in my life. Never remember feeling so ill, even after surgery. Never remember staying in bed for four days, only crawling out to go to the loo. I'm getting much better now, just have zero energy. Hope to be back at work next week, but not sure.
    Weighed myself yesterday … I've lost 9lbs in a week! That doesn't seem possible. But I know it will all come back as soon as my appetite returns.
    I've never bothered with the flu jab - 'it won't happen to me' feeling - but that's not a mistake I'll be making again!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

Heyyy got to look on the bright side somehow.
    I've lost nothing at all...probably because I've barely moved from the sofa!
    Don't think I've put any on though, so all isn't a disaster.

Hope you feel better soon @sunshineneeded (love that username)...I'm hoping to be back next week as well. Then just a week and heaps of exercise in half term to get back in to it. Then slightly lighter evenings after half term, so more motivation for exercise.
    Ha! That's the positive plan anyway. :)

lizgaskell and sunshineneeded like this.
  5. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Omg- 9lb!

That's great in one way but shows just how poorly you've been

Usual Saturday weigh in shows I'm the lower end of my self imposed range at 11.3 but somehow had a 'fat week' where I've felt like it will be bad news! Odd. Maybe something is telling me to get a bit more off. Pretty certain o ought to be nearer 10 1/2 but I know how much work it is!!

Might give it my all for two weeks and see what happens ...

6. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

Diet has fallen by the wayside this week, I’ve been full of cold, starting to recover so back to it tomorrow.

7. caterpillartobutterfly

Totally non-diet weekend (Well Thurs to Sun!) and likely to be a disaster.
    Back properly from tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes next week.

8. caterpillartobutterfly

Well I stayed the same weight for the fortnight of being ill, so not too bad there.
    Then have lost 3.5lbs this last week, so happy with that.
    If I can do 3.5lbs again for next week, then I'll be at a whole stone in 5 weeks, so will be very pleased.

Hope the rest of you are keeping at it for half term.

sunshineneeded, lrw22 and lizgaskell like this.
  9. lizgaskell

Half teen for me next week and had ofsted in last week so really looking forward to a break.

Weight is static but not going up I suppose.

Promising myself to get my running mojo back then too!

Keep it up folks .

lrw22 and caterpillartobutterfly like this.
  10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Staying the same is a lot better than going up!

Now that I'm feeling better my appetite has returned with a vengeance! It's like I'm making up for nearly two weeks of hardly eating anything. I'm trying to keep it under control, but not doing too well - 7lbs has come back on. Still, the Spring-like weather makes me quite fancy salads again so hopefully I can get back to it very soon.

Enjoy half-term everyone.

11. lizgaskell

Happy half term folks...

Meal and beer last night but the weather is amazing so long coastal walk I think for this afternoon

12. Tartuffe

A 15 km run at a stroke Resolution Race in a nearby country estate. Ridiculously hot for february up to 16 so much more challenging than I had hoped.

13. lizgaskell

Good start to the hols Tartuffe!

Housework this morning- I always like to prove I can do it- and a plan to tackle the overgrown and winter neglected front garden later.
    Amazing weather that wouldn't be unwelcome at Easter

14. lizgaskell

Hey all

How are we doing? I've had a pretty decent half term, so far. Food wise a bit less disciplined but nothing too bad. However, been very productive having had hair cut, done a bit of gardening , decorated a bedroom, got a reasonably clean and tidy house, weights class twice and I have walked between 20000 and 24000 steps everyday! Even squeezed in looking after my nephew one day, drinks with friends I've not seen for months and might even shave my legs later!

Mind you ...

Haven't run yet though because my legs aches from waking and weights class. Might do it tomorrow

Had a twinge of work guilt today and upended laptop for a couple of hours but last half term almost finished me off so I packed it up without too much ceremony and enjoyed my tea.

Weigh in as normal Saturday but put a pound on last weekend so a bit worried.

How's everyone else?

15. caterpillartobutterfly

Stayed the same weight last week, so not too bad for a half term I suppose, but disappointed. (We had half term last week, so am back to normal this week.
    No weigh in next week, so a fortnight to really get things sorted.

lizgaskell likes this.
  16. Tartuffe

Well that was a week to remember! No idea about my weight, but ended up having the hernia surgery last Wednesday. Went to the Drs on Tuesday as there were some complications and she had me up at the hospital the same evening with surgery the next morning. It is now Day 5 and I am still swollen and sore, but hopefully moving in the right direction.

17. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Oh crikey. Best wishes to you @Tartuffe .
    Weight up a bit at the moment - been having too much fun!

18. ReinventMe

ReinventMe New commenter

It's so hard to stay on track and especially to maintain the motivation to keep doing those things that you know are good for you! I'm trying some different ways to see if I can change the habits of a lifetime and maintain them.. I'm recording what I find works, on my blog. Good luck everyone

19. caterpillartobutterfly

Goodness, @Tartuffe sounds scary.
    Hope it's all sorted out.

I'm doing well, I think. We'll see in a week's time.

20. lizgaskell

Oh Tartuffe! How awful for you?!

Pleas take care

Liz