1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2019 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Ezzie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

I've managed to lose and gain half a stone three times since I had my hip oP. Really struggling, even though I'm managing to walk better.
    I keep telling myself it will settle back into a proper routine soon.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You should have seen the size of the piece of fruit cake I had yesterday. They served tea and cake after a talk I went to and I just didn't think twice!

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Tough as it gets colder and darker to get out isn’t it?

Yeah, making no progress here at all!

Ezzie likes this.
  4. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Just had a look at Marks and Spencer’s Christmas food stuff on line and put a whole load of cheese laden deliciousness into my basket. Then emptied it out. Then put it back in again and paid the required deposit. Nothing to do with the several large g and t’s I’ve had. I really really need to get a grip. But it’s Friday night and I’m bored. Aargh!!!

lizgaskell likes this.
  5. lizgaskell

So funny

Ezzie likes this.
  6. Tartuffe

Tartuffe Occasional commenter

Completed the Bournemouth Marathon yesterday. It was hot for October and I started too fast. Big hill at 17 miles and I really slowed down. Finished in 5 hours 34 minutes - burnt over 4000 calories and walked over 60,000 steps. Now to get back on the weight plan after a couple of days of eating to replenish energy.

lizgaskell likes this.
  7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

8. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Well done @Tartuffe, fantastic achievement!

9. lizgaskell

Wow that is fantastic Tartuffe!

What a great way to be back on it?

10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Tartuffe, you're amazing! Well done!
    Very little progress here … I'm trying, but it's half a pound off one week then two on the next. And this miserable weather doesn't help - I have no desire for a healthy salad now. Veggie soups are OK, but I want half a French stick or a couple of crumpets with it!

11. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

How's everyone doing? I'm not doing very well at all at the moment. I could blame it on all kinds of stress, work and family - but I'm just eating the wrong things and too much of them!!! Have decided to have a couple of weeks on Slim Fast to attempt to get back on the straight and narrow. Going to have a milkshake in the morning, meal replacement bar at lunchtime and a proper meal in the evening. If I can just see the scales moving in the right direction, however small the amount, for a couple of weeks, I hope I can do better. Drinking the milkshake as I type … not too bad!

lizgaskell likes this.
  12. lizgaskell

Hey! It’s been a while since anyone posted here. Well done for making a fresh start ; the Slim Fast thing does work.

we’re off out for dinner but did a seven mile trek this afternoon so I reckon I can do this without too much damage!

first week back at school last week was tough and spent a few days away at half term ( eating and drinking!) but no weight gain.

i just seem to stay more or less the same? Still a tad overweight according to BMI so need to get myself motivated for about four pounds off I think

sunshineneeded likes this.
  13. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I didn't manage to hit my personal target of 9st 7lb on my birthday, a month after I quit Weightwatchers forever, but I was only 2lb over. Unfortunately a week of birthday lunches (mine, son's and friend's) has failed to improve matters.
    Omnomnomnomnom :p