1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Trendy Art, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

For some years now I have asked for money from family for Christmas and birthday which I use to buy treats - I have enough stuff and I don't want any more. So far I have had a tour of Northern Ireland, did the North Coast 500 drive [a fantastic experience] and a week in rural France with an ex-student and her family. And yesterday I booked five days in May in an eco-pod on the isle of Iona. You get a bed, a chair, a little table, electric light and a kettle, and do your cooking and ablutions in the farmhouse ten yards away. I am looking forward to it already. Someone once said that the gap between earth and heaven is tissue-paper thin on Iona, and that's how it makes me feel.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Looking forward to giving up teaching and buiding up my new business.
    Travel.....no plans yet but lots of nice things to look forward to.

3. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

At this point I'd be grateful if I could enter 2018 without the flu. Not looking likely.
    Am really mining the self-pity.

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's a mad place - I didn't like it much but there are some fantastic things to see.

5. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

I'm looking forward to watching my baby granddaughters grow up and playing with them outside once the weather improves. I'm grateful to have made it to 2018 at all!

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

It was looking touch-and-go for @GLsghost

Well, looking from the outside anyway.

So more power to your elbow in 2018.