1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2017 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by caterpillartobutterfly, Jan 1, 2017.

1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Well I feel fitter, having been walking and cycling everywhere while I have no car. (And this will continue for another week or so, as my car is being scrapped so I need to organise a new one! :()

I've also done a fair bit of weight training, because I haven't got the hang of the difference between shopping when you're walking/catching a bus and when you are driving.

Driving: Pop the bags in the trolley, scan the items yourself, fill the bags without thinking, take trolley to the car and stick the bags in the boot, drive, other half helps lift bags from the car to the house.

Walk/Bus: Pop the bags in the trolley, scan the items yourself, fill the bags without thinking, lift bags from trolley in the trolley park, waddle the 10 min walk (now 15 min waddle) to the bus stop where you pray busses go to your village, stop every now and then as the bags weight a ton, bend knees in Olympic weightlifting manoeuvre to lift bags on to the bus, collapse on seat, waddle the 3 mins walk (7 min waddle) from the bus stop to your house, collapse in the hallway!

No car would save me a fortune on gym membership, but would fail to get me to work, so car it will have to be.

Diet is fab!
    Healthy breakfast
    Mini mince pie and glass of wine for lunch at the hairdressers (taking advantage of not driving!)
    Fish and veg for supper
    Wine, chocolate baileys and chocolate for evening snacks.
    (Well it started well enough any way!)

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I had croissants for breakfast (a treat as I only buy them at Christmas or special occasions) and have started some Christmas chocolates. I stood on the scales this morning and convinced myself I hadn’t put anything on since end of November so I’m satisfied with that. Not getting on them again until 2018. Hopefully,I will fit in some good walks next week.

I don’t like the sound of that weight training, ctb.

Have a good Christmas.

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Woke up feeling so pleased that it's the hols that I bounced off to my weights class at 9am. Really enjoyed it; they are a different bunch from weeknight so nene it was a bit Tougher.

Xmas shopping then lunch out with hubby which was lovely but I'm flagging now- feels nap coming in after I finish series two of The Crown...

No wieght gain but no real loss. I am just hoping I can the same me In two weeks

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Another lb this week.:D Slow and steady, but consdering for the first 6 months of the diet I wasn't losing at all, I'm grateful it is going, albeit slowly. Plus rapid weight loss can lead to wrinkles and saggy skin. Ths way I can 'tone up' as I go.;)

5. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

How's everyone doing? I'm finding it hard because I eat so little at work that being off and eating three meals a day is going to see me put on if I'm not careful- better get my wobbly backside back to the gym again!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I must confess I'm finding it difficult with eating full meals 3 times a day and I'm finding, although I'm not hungry i do so want to break into thse chocs/biscuits we've been given as presents.:( Plus it's so cold out I don't eally want to go out and therefore missing out on the exercise.

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Is there going to be a 2018 thread?

Lara mfl 05 and Sundaytrekker like this.
  8. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Well, I fully intended to join the 2017 thread.
    So, I hope there’s a 2018 one as well.
    Then I can, not join that one too:oops:;)o_O

marlin, Lara mfl 05 and Sundaytrekker like this.
  9. caterpillartobutterfly

Depressingly...I might need one.

Overall I am finishing the year just over 2 stone lighter than I started it, so not exactly a disaster.
    However, another 2 stone still to go and definitely some toning needed.

I picked up my new car today, so can actually make it to the gym again for yoga/spin/pilates and so on, even on cold dark evenings. Happy days!
    Let's not talk about just how much chocolate based food is finding it's way into my body though. :oops:

Lara mfl 05 and Sundaytrekker like this.
  10. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Two stones lighter is an amazing achievement ctb. But don’t torture yourself this week. I’m thinking about it on January 2nd as we have another family gathering on the 1st. I see there is a 2018 thread begun to motivate us!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. caterpillartobutterfly

I'm not, don't worry!
    :D

Sundaytrekker and Lara mfl 05 like this.