1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2017 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by caterpillartobutterfly, Jan 1, 2017.

1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yeps full on dieting this week and then heaps of exercise in half term.
    A month today and we have a big family event, so I want to feel a bit thinner and fitter than now!

I'm just to lazy to lose weight I think.

sabrinakat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Continued 'meh' but no change. Will try to shift another half stone over half term :):eek:;)

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Thanks Laura... I'm not a spring chicken to be honest, in fact I am nearer to fifty than forty! Eek. Slow weight loss is still weight loss though. I wonder how much you might have gained in ten months if you hadn't been being careful? I was steadily gaining weight year on year.

Today's run went really well. Burned over to thousand calories during my half marathon. Nearly killed me! Sooo tough.

Didn't much feel like lunch, but have made up for it with dinner and now having red wine and liquorice!

Very tired so will have an early night and then full on diet next week... Honest.

Oh, and I will weigh in tomorrow! Promise.

4. caterpillartobutterfly

Is your half term a fortnight?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

6. lizgaskell

Weighed in at a pound off so. It unhappy...

Anyone else dragging themselves through this week? So tired!

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

it seems I've also finally lost another pound.:D

8. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Trying to avoid stepping on the home scales in advance of weigh-in. Not sure why.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. caterpillartobutterfly

Right then...it is now half term and heaps of exercise classes booked.
    New trousers ordered online from super sale, so need to fit in to them soon or they'll be a waste!

Good luck this week to all those planning exercise and dieting.
    (I'm just about to help OH finish off some yummy Camembert and salami type stuff...the things I do to help out! :cool:)

10. Lara mfl 05

I'm rather hoping there might be another lb off this week, as it seemed it might be the case when I put myself on quickly the other day although fully clothed. (Here's 'hopin' and wishin'! ;))

11. lizgaskell

Hi folks

Has a lovely weekend (long coastal walk, major lie ins and fab food!) but no exercise since Tuesday. I'm going to run tomorrow and then off for a few days away

Will be reasonable as I can with the diet but as long as I don't put on all will be good

12. lizgaskell

Half term been lovely but I have basically been away, to a lovely European city, where I have eaten so much lovely food and partaken in their most wonderful wine and beer. I have not really gained masses of weight- stayed under twelve stone- but know I must crack back on with a lot of dedication in order to lose now.

Did walk around 25000 steps everyday so that may have helped.

Good luck next week if you are back at school after half term.

13. tsarina

tsarina Occasional commenter

Back on track with exercise. Starting weight for this second attempt is 2lb less than christmas last year, but 6lb more than July.
    Got to re-lose that 6lb that snuck up on me and then lose another 15lb to reach my long term target.

14. lizgaskell

Morning all

Busy week for us all I suspect but let's keep going.

How is everyone doing?

Tough exercise wise and diet has been patchy. So tired though!

15. caterpillartobutterfly

Exercise has been rubbish!
    No Spin on Monday due to parents evening
    No Yoga on Tuesday due to PTA meeting
    No Pilates on Wednesday due to people crashing their cars on the motorway on my way home so causing jams
    No Spin on Thursday due to parents meeting
    No Sha'bam tonight because I'm too lazy!

Diet has been ok...
    Spin planned for tomorrow morning, but a meal out on Sunday (with thin people, so probably not too terrible in terms of puddings).
    Trying again with exercise next week.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. Lara mfl 05

Oh if only I had such a small target. ;)

Another lb this week, which makes nearly 10 lbs, but there's still another 28-35 (if I can) lbs to go. :(

17. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

My scales moved down a pound. I am trying hard not to start eating more now that it is dark and cold. I’d like to lose another 4-5 pounds to get back to where I was four years ago when I lost nearly two and a half stones. I’d like that to be before Christmas.

If you can keep going like that you will get there, Lara. My weight loss was slow and steady and I think you stand a better chance of keeping it off if the diet isn’t extreme.

18. lizgaskell

Slow and steady is the way to do it long term I reckon...

I lost another pounds but it's about a pound every three or four weeks! Years ago ( when I was young and mistakenly thought I was fat- if I only knew!) I lost heart if I didn't lost theee or four a week.

30lbs but that's take over a year I think.

My goal is two pounds away and I will be a fairly small size 14 and
    11. 7lb Happy with that.

Could be slimmer but I'm late forties and with lists of holidays booked over the next ten months I honestly cannot afford to replace my entire wardrobe!

Also, being fit as I get older is one of my intentions.

Has dish and chips for lunch

Lara mfl 05 and Sundaytrekker like this.
  19. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Sundaytrekker, I agree. If you crash diet and lose loads quickly (in my dreams), then it comes back just as fast. Slow and steady is far better ... sadly, my scales don't register the ounce or so I might have lost this week! Seriously though, I am managing to just about keep within my target range - at the upper end right now so would like to shift six pounds before the Christmas festivities start. I can make all the resolutions in the world about 'tiny tastes' of delicious goodies, but as I have the willpower of a mince pie, I might as well give in gracefully and enjoy!

Sundaytrekker and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  20. lizgaskell

Morning!

How is everyone?
    So busy at work I barely have time to think let alone exercise but doing what I can diet-wise.
    No qoehht loss since last post but no gain either.

Need to be strong for when the cakes and boxes of chocs and biscuits start arriving in the staff room!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.