1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2017 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by caterpillartobutterfly, Jan 1, 2017.

1. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Mon: Perfect diet, but no planned or completed exercise
    Tues: Cancelled yoga due to a late meeting at school, reasonable diet, fell off a table and badly bruised both legs and twisted one arm
    Weds: Went to pilates, ate the rest of my birthday chocs as pudding
    Thurs: Very achy and sore legs and arms (table fight), equally sore stomach muscles (pilates!) and staff meeting finished late, so didn't get back in time for spin class (probably best due to rather sore knees, might have twisted those more than I thought as well!) Decent diet all day apart from white wine spritzer now and some choc

Tomorrow...just hoping to make it to work and back intact to be honest!
    Sat: No spin as open morning at work, then nail appointment. :)
    Sun: Might go swimming if bruises on legs look better than they do now.

lizgaskell, tsarina and sabrinakat like this.
  2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

So, we're having school photos tomorrow for new staff and students, so I emailed the DHT (with whom I do have a good relationship with) to ask if I get my fat picture redone. Even with joking that I had lost weight and in that picture, I had a fat face, she said no. The pictures are in 'Meet the teachers' on the website and in the front hallway as you enter as well as in the MFL hallway. I HATE it.

I could go and tell her the whole psychological issue about my weight but it makes me upset to even vocalise it. Aargh. A colleague who also has the same issues said that I should go and talk to the Bursar and offer to pay (I would gladly!) but I don't want to go over/across the DHT's head.

If I could be dispassionate about it, then perhaps I could be more honest but I can't. A small matter but frustrating....

3. caterpillartobutterfly

Go and sneak in with the bursar and arrange a time when you aren't teaching.
    The DH probably just didn't want the hassle of sorting cover and the like, or to start a free for all for staff.
    It's not a small matter at all.

I look super fat in my one in the hallway as well. But it is a shockingly decent picture of me, so I've left it. I'm kind of unrecognisable as well which I quite like. The new ones for the school website were indoor and more 'posed' so I look an absolute freak. Even the photographer made a fuss about how terrible they were and took about 800 shots! Eventually they abandoned the portrait ones and used a long distance one where I am more or less hidden by children in the classroom!

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

God I loathe having my photo taken and the one I have to wear around my neck, on my lanyard, is so horrid. To be honest, this is the second one and it's probably even worse!

I have placed a shiny butterfly sticker over the face. No one has noticed.

Thanks god they're not in reception or the website!

5. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Put nearly half a stone on in a fortnight in America. It took months to lose that much and only two weeks to get it back.
    I wouldn't mind but I really didn't pog out over there either.

Back on the diet. Lost 1lb this week. Hoping Sober October will help!

Sundaytrekker and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. caterpillartobutterfly

I only lost 1lb this week too. :(
    Maybe I should do sober October...:confused:

Lara mfl 05 and sabrinakat like this.
  7. tsarina

tsarina Occasional commenter

it's funny how it is so easy to put on weight and so hard to get it off and keep it off. still not loosing yet:(

8. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Have a teenager. I can thoroughly recommend this for your diet. I have lost a stone in 2 months. And I only really needed to lose half.
    Booked a holiday in half term. All inclusive. Will have to try REALLY hard to be sensible.

Sorry. Having a slightly melodramatic moment.

9. caterpillartobutterfly

Can I borrow your teen? Just for a couple of months?

Lara mfl 05 and lizgaskell like this.
  10. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

@sabrinakat

Please can I ask which diet did you do?

You have done so well!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. lizgaskell

Slowest weight loss ever here ... not going up though!

Must do some exercise tonight but I am soooo tired.

It's only Monday too

Lara mfl 05 and sabrinakat like this.
  12. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Calorie counting on MyFitnessPal! But haven't lost much since 1st September; at least, not gaining! I try to eat less junk and more ryvita, etc., but my weakness is red wine....

13. caterpillartobutterfly

Nothing except slobbing tonight.
    Yoga tomorrow
    Pilates and Spin on Weds

MUST remember to diet as well and SHOULD lose more than the 1lb last week.

14. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Doubt it. My total weight loss since end of Jan was zero. Then 4 lbs mid August-early Sept. and then again nothing since.:(

15. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

@caterpillartobutterfly - I am sure there are less drastic ways to lose weight! I would much rather be doing so 'naturally'.

Hope you enjoy your slobbing!!:) You deserve to slob out if you are going to spin on Wednesday - that looks ridiculously energetic when i walk past the room at my local gym. :eek:
    BTW i'm outside looking in, walking the dog, not in the gym....

16. lizgaskell

Lara, I think I lost around 4lb too over the hols but nothing since.

I feel fitter though as I'm exercising much more than ever ( just ran back from yoga- only 2 miles but it's dark and I wanted to get home quick!)

Want to be about 11st 7 for xmas so have another 1/2 stone to go. First 1/2 marathon race in a few weeks- been reading for it. Have bruised toenails and sore arches to show for it!

17. lizgaskell

Reading should say 'training!'

Glasses on Liz

18. tsarina

tsarina Occasional commenter

went to pilates today and could feel that i am getting stronger but just feel so uncomfortably chubby around the middle.

it's a vicious circle, i feel uncomfortable so i can't sleep, i'm tired so i eat, i'm chubby so i feel unhappy so i eat...

arghhhhhhhh

and the nice lido/woods area 15min away that i used to walk around introduced a flat fee parking charge for non borough residents over the summer. i really miss walking.

sabrinakat and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. calamansi

calamansi Lead commenter

Why wait until january?

20. calamansi

calamansi Lead commenter