1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2017 is the year to diet!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by caterpillartobutterfly, Jan 1, 2017.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Tried on some clothes tonight, ish... :)/:(. I'm half-way to my goal, but think that I must have really been FAT :(. Nope, haven't opened the biscuits but another slimline & gin ;).

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Half way sounds great...well done and keep going.

Lara mfl 05 and sabrinakat like this.
  3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Another half marathon this morning!

God it was hot... views were amazing as it's mostly coastal route.

Have friends coming over for a coffee shortly but I'm so achy I can barely dry my hair!

Weigh in tomorrow morning and then I might make Saturday weigh ins a regular thing. Seven pounds before xmas please!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

Well the 3lbs in a week didn't happen...though there are the beginnings of muscle tone coming just above my knees, so the exercise is clearly paying off.

Back to school (and so easier dieting) tomorrow. :)

Sundaytrekker and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. lizgaskell

Yep, back to school will crack it foodwise.

Just going to have to be really organised to get the exercise in

6. lizgaskell

Okay, hard week already so let's look at the positive;

Quite a few people thought I look a lot slimmer after the hols and said lovely kind things.

Was nice to catch up with quite a few people

Rating day wasn't too horrendous

The negative;

Cream crackered already!
    Someone off poorly so I spent four hours setting cover yesterday
    Already drowning in paperwork and reports for the head ! We had brilliant results too!

Not managed one single run yet this week
    ...And the diet's broken.

How's everyone else?

7. caterpillartobutterfly

Awww noooo to the negatives. But hey you look slimmer after the holiday, so that's a good thing!

My days have been fab so far.
    Decent dieting (apart from a couple of bite size choc covered flapjacks at coffee today), even managed about 3 of my five a day on both days!!!!
    Productive and positive INSETs
    Managed to race through work at the end of the day today to get to Yoga, which I'm really proud of.

Children back tomorrow, so hopefully diet to continue successfully and days to be positive.
    Spin class booked for Thurs even so we'll see.

lizgaskell likes this.
  8. lizgaskell

You know what caterpillar? You reminded I DID get to yoga last night!

Winner after all

9. tsarina

tsarina Occasional commenter

Back on the diet/exercise program! went to the gym yesterday and skipped dinner. Scales this morning don't look too bad. Need to lose 3 pounds to return to pre holiday weight.

10. lizgaskell

I've had a better day too tsarina...

Has a free period and no wet break - so very different robywateday-and feel restored despite having bottom set year 11 last lesson!

In fact, we've had an early meal and in around 10 mins I'm lacing up me trainers!

Booked into a weights class tomorrow night too.

Work life balance
    Work life balance
    Work life balance

11. caterpillartobutterfly

Definitely this.
    Won't make me any money as a diet scheme, but is absolutely the secret to me losing weight.

Tues Yoga
    Weds Relax with OH for the evening as I try to come home a bit earlier
    Thurs Spin

Just need to keep it up

lizgaskell likes this.
  12. sabrinakat

Been good all week with salad...yuck! Been good having fruit at breaks, etc. Only lost -1lb since last Friday, but....did have a bit of wine two nights (too much).

Finally sorted out my scales, eg. we've moved and our floorboards aren't even, so the scales were wonky, eg.one time adding 10 lbs, moved, lost 2 stone, another move, aargh! Moved into the conservatory and seems ok now. Frustrating.

13. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I've been known to move the scales around until I get some numbers I like!

I've finally shifted three pounds and hope to keep up the good work. As I knew all along, it is due to slightly smaller portions and no extras at all. If I indulge in a small treat it has to be counted as part of a meal. Logging on My Fitness Pal keeps me aware of what I am doing.

14. caterpillartobutterfly

Will weigh tomorrow, but I'm fairly hopeful this week.
    Been good all week (until tonight!) anyway

15. sabrinakat

Ate an entire Green&Blacks Dark Chocolate with Ginger last night with a bottle of red....it was SO good.....aargh. Back to the diet today....:eek:

16. caterpillartobutterfly

We went out for breakfast today...garden centre sent me a voucher for buy one get one free. So could not resist.
    Was delicious though.

2lb off this week, which I was a bit fed up about until I realised that would be a whole stone by half term...

17. lizgaskell

14 miles this morning but I might never walk again!

Lovely meal out last night with wine but hey ho

Weight is the same

18. lizgaskell

Well, what a week...

Cancelled yoga Monday - too much work to do And not been for a run since Saturday. Busy weekend taking son back to uni and will be lucky to fit any exercise in ...

Once things settle at school I might get on top on it?

Easier not to over eat though durin the day though isn't it?

How's everyone doing?

19. tsarina

tsarina Occasional commenter

trying to do press-ups, weird muscles ive never used before on the sides below my armpits are hurting. Pilates monday and salsacise yesterday but scale is showing me heavier and heavier. Todays egg sausage fishcake and beans for breakfast is probably not helping:)

20. sabrinakat

Lost the 2lb I gained last week but back to the weight the 1st Sept :(