1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2017 is the year not to diet

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by -Sarah-, Apr 28, 2017.

1. -Sarah-

-Sarah- New commenter

After a lifetime of body hangups and disordered eating I decided this would be the year of accepting my body as it is. I chucked out all the clothes that I had been keeping for the 10kg-lighter me and bought a bunch of clothes that actually fit properly. It's been 4 months and I feel damn good.

Anyone else in the same boat?

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Well done and good for you. That sounds a fabulous attitude.
    We are what we are and, as long as we are happy enough with our size, should just be what we are.

3. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Are you staying that size though? If I ate as I pleased I would - as I have - put on a pound a week until I was looking at yet another wardrobe another size bigger.

4. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

I'm trying to focus on being healthy and making healthy choices. I'm growing out of my wardrobe and not impressed with myself. I bought a few items of clothing that fit and are flattering but I also treated myself to nice gym and pool wear. I'm never going to be skinny - don't want to be either - but I miss the high I used to get from working out and not having my thighs flail together when I walk anywhere... I don't think healthy weight loss comes from besting yourself up. Enjoy your new clothes and well done on your break through!