1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2016 Question Papers wanted - AQA Maths AS-level

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by o8, Apr 27, 2017.

1. o8

o8 New commenter

Maths Pure Core 1 January 2016 in particular.
    As a private tutor I sometimes struggle to find copies of last years papers - can anyone help me out?

2. o8

o8 New commenter

For the record - I know the papers are retained for use as mock exams and understand this is the reason I struggle to find the papers; - I have a student who has already done the papers as mocks and he wants to go over them - they will do this in class at some point but he and I both know he needs more time to get to grips with everything. Perhaps 50% of the time I can get my hands on the papers - students who have sat an exam sometimes manage to cobble together a complete set of questions on TSR but there are other places if you search hard enough. I would never use the papers and scupper their use as mocks - it doesn't help anyone.

3. catbanj

catbanj Occasional commenter

Why not get the parents to ask your tutee's school if you could borrow his paper for a lesson to go over it. That way you see his responses as well as the questions

4. o8

o8 New commenter

It's a fair enough suggestion but the "university technical college" is strict about not allowing any of the text books, student's exercise books and other materials from leaving the site for fear, I'm sure, that some students will forget to bring them back in the next day. It seems rare for them to even take homework home as they have a long day 8am-5pm and have gaps in the timetable where they are expected to complete "homework" - there are some teaching staff available to support students with this. In 2 months (bar one worksheet) I am yet to see anything that he's worked on at college - so it can be difficult when he can't give me specific examples of the area of work or types of questions he is struggling with as his descriptions can be a bit vague - it just takes a while sometimes to home in.

5. crashMATHS

crashMATHS New commenter

As far as I am aware, there is no such 'January 2016 C1 Paper'...

6. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

LOL

7. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Sent you a private message.

8. DamianR

DamianR New commenter

The June 2016 papers are now available on the AQA website.

crashMATHS likes this.
  9. crashMATHS

crashMATHS New commenter

Is there? I've never heard of it... o_O