1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2016 OCR Gateway Science PAGs KS4

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by bc_fc, Mar 14, 2017.

1. bc_fc

bc_fc New commenter

Hi,

I was just who was going the new OCR Gateway spec in Science and if it was necessary to keep a log of the PAGs that students had carried out?

Thank you

2. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

There is no need to keep a record of any practical tasks that have been completed as they do not count towards any award or grading (unlike PAGs at A level which lead to a practical endorsement). At the end of the year your Head of centre has to sign off to say that all students were given every opportunity to complete the required practicals.

In my school we are keeping a record of who has completed which practical and have run after school sessions to give students who have been absent an opportunity to do the practical as the guidance I have received from my exam board (AQA) was that they will be using the methods of the compulsory practicals in the practical based questions