1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

2013 Sats mark scheme

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cholton, May 20, 2013.

1. Our SATs papers have been picked up today and I went to open the mark schemes and found out we weren't sent one. Is it just us that hasn't received the pack or is it everyone else as well??

2. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

We didn't have one either. I was thinking about this over the weekend and went to check this morning, but the box was bare!

Wonder if it's a sign they don't trust us anymore, or just another cost cutting exercise!

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Occasional commenter

Presumably we will either be sent one when the papers are returned or one will become available online then. I wouldn't worry, you can't do anything with it until July!

4. Msz

Msz

From the ARA

"This year, schools will not be sent mark scheme packs or mark scheme amendments for
    the modified tests, nor will they be able to order additional copies through the Test orders
    process. Mark schemes and mark scheme amendments will be published on the NCA tools
    website at www.education.gov.uk/ncatools after all test scripts have been collected for
    marking in May."

5. It's probably a good job they didn't send one, seeing the debacle about the measuring question!

6. Thank you!

7. Can somebody PLEEEEEASE tell me where I can find the 2013 mark scheme - especially the level 6 one? Have spent AGES looking through rubbish DFE site (or should I say s*hite?) Thanks.

8. The mark schemes are only available online via the head teacher log on www.education.gov.uk/ncatools

Also pupils scripts that are not returned - SPAG and level 6 will be available to view there.

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

10. We can now get access to all our scripts through Level 6 site, but I can't find mark schemes anywhere. The original SATS guidance glibly says the mark schemes will be on the NCA website after all the scripts are in, but I pull up nothing when I search. .....can anyone help???

11. Click the Test Orders tab, then choose KS2 tests from left hand menu and scroll to the bottom.

Took me flipping ages as well, you are not alone. Terrible web page design.

12. Anyone would think they didn't want us to check anything this year - coupled with the new rule that says they have to be able to contact you in the holidays to discuss the review if they want to......or they can reject it.

13. Thanks - could have done with that last week. That is 40 minutes I will never get back!

14. Thank you for the information about the NCA Website