1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

2012 KS2 SATS English level threshold table

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by luckyjim1980, Jul 10, 2012.

1. luckyjim1980

luckyjim1980 New commenter

We've internally marked our Writing SATS (as many will have) this year, and I had been told by the LA that the level threshold table for English overall would be on the DfE website today (10th July) along with the SATS results.
    Has anyone managed to find it? I can see the thresholds for Reading, Writing, Maths and Level 6 R and M, but nothing for English overall.

2. Seeing info on other threads that this isn't going to be published now until September! V helpful - not! How do we calculate percentage of E+M combined?

3. Just found this...
    http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/pupil/b00209308/english-levels/english-formula

Thresholds are quite high!

4. Useful link, thanks. I cannot see the overall English threshold...? For maths I know it is 79. (higher than last year!)
    Also I realise that we are submitting the seperate writing and reading, but / school are interested to know what the overall English threshold will be...

5. Sorry, just found it, 78 for 5. You are right, quite high again!

6. Where did you find this information?

7. See my link in above message.
    The document this take you to was emailed out to all schools by our LA earlier today.

8. whiskyforme

whiskyforme New commenter

Any idea on the fine levels for my VA calculations???

9. Was told today that we are not able to publish/calculate overall English grade. They will be calculated and be presented in the Raise Online reports later in year.

10. I'm assuming everyone's found this that appeared on the DFE website yesterday... http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/assessment/keystage2/pupil/b00209308/english-levels/english-formula which allows you to calculate English by calling Writing L3 30 marks, L4 40 marks and L5 50 marks and then adding that to the reading test result - YES IT REALLY IS THAT CLEVER?! Either follow the link or do a google search for 'crude'.