1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2011 tauught me .........

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ff392, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Never to assume , never to take anyone or anything as given and most of all ....... Life is not about comparison , it's about what I have which is more important!
    Here's to 2012 !!
    X

2. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

2011 taught me the simple fact never to assume what is around the corner

3. dogcat

dogcat New commenter

2011 taught me that a lot can happen in a year.

4. 2011 taught me just how wrong you can be when that just as you think things are looking up and finally going to get better, you are completely wrong.

5. That I can survive.

6. That being "content" is the best feeling in the world, even if it seems a little dull at times, and to make the most of it as you never know what is around the corner.

7. ... that it isn't paranoia when they really are out to get you. That it is surprisingly easy to be a good little apparatchik. That medication is marvellous...

8. That to be happy at work I need to be surrounded by decent, friendly people.

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

That I can diet successfully [​IMG]

10. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

Same here although whether I can keep the weight off successfully remains to be seen.
    I have also learnt that in nice schools around nice people teaching is the loveliest job in the world even taking the stress into account.

11. That I need to bite the bullet and seize opportunities in 2012.
    Happy new year x

12. ...despite spending the year within a maelstrom of chaos, having to support one loved one after another, it is possible to emerge stronger than ever.
    All I want is a little peace in 2012.

13. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

That teaching again was more than ok. That I'm more than happy to be a taxpayer! That teaching full time is too much for me - but more importantly, too much for the oh and my children.

14. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

That really awful things can happen and if you and yours are safe, well and happy you are bloody lucky.

15. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

That the bavarian motor works make a very fine sports car indeed.

16. henriette

henriette New commenter

[​IMG]
    .... and to value what I have, not to wish it different (o/h had cancer scare in the summer: it made me realise just how much I wouldn't want to live without him, despite his faults)

17. That a pay cut can be worth it for improved work life balance.
    That it is ok (and helpful to my health) to sometimes "do nothing".

18. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..to live more for the now, and to not waste my immediate future obsessing about retirement and beyond.

..that taking a chance often generates further opportunities, whilst playing safe rarely does.

..that it's possible to live happily on just enough.

19. Just how quickly time passes.

20. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

This year taught me that moving in with my boyfriend was the best decision I have ever made. Happy new year all :)