1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2011 KS2 Writing SATs predictions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by asvasco, Mar 23, 2011.

1. WOO HOO! Newspaper article! My class were well versed on this & for the first time they ALL did really well (relative to their ability of course) but how nice it wasn't something seemingly just there to catch them out.

Hope your classes did well too, so next years predictions.... ;-)

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Loved both the tasks!

We're busy preparing for our annual charities week and have bashed out persuasion and arguments recently (hopefully some of the persuasive displays that were up sank in a little bit before they went into the hall!) and journalistic writing was the last thing we revised. Also wrote some newspaper reports in our topic work last week :)

So I'm happy - not sure the children were as thrilled as I was!

Not too happy about the reading paper - I liked the text but at the point when I said, "5 minutes left," absolutely nobody was finished. Usually have a few more able flicking through pretending to check their work by that point :/

3. Can you tell me what the short writing task sat 2011 is about

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Writing a speech to persuade your class to support your chosen charity when fundraising.

5. So, the short writing task is to write a speech to persuade members of the school to do a charity of your choice. The longer writing task was to write a newspaper report about a child breaking a world record.