1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2011 AQA Food Tec Prep sheet

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by rachgavin, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Does anyone have any thoughts on the prep sheet re. bread based snacks and savoury snack products and dips? With having no pictures to act as guides, it seems a very wide subject area. I'm assuming it's covering things like pizza, toasties, sandwiches etc but that seems quite simple.I'd be grateful for any ideas people have.

2. Does anyone have any thoughts on the prep sheet re. bread based snacks and savoury snack products and dips? With having no pictures to act as guides, it seems a very wide subject area. I'm assuming it's covering things like pizza, toasties, sandwiches etc but that seems quite simple.I'd be grateful for any ideas people have.

3. Just started thinking about it today - my take is different types of bread - naan, pittas, dough balls, sour dough, bread sticks,bagels and then onto bread products such as sandwiches, hot dogs, bruchetta, crostini etc. I'll cover bread making and function of ingredients as part of revision along with practicals on making bread. Revising production plans for a bread based product too. It's the design theme of savoury snack and dip products I'm not quite so sure about......

4. PLEASE please, we are not "allowed" to talk about the prep sheet in an open forum until 1st March

5. Me too! I will be giving mine a few recipes for dips i.e. hummus, salsa, raita, sour cream and chive etc but do we presume that the "dip products" could be anything or still to be based on breads??? Surely a design question whereby they do i.e.carrot sticks and a dip does not show enough knowledge for the exam paper?! The list of bread products you have are the same as what I have put together for my class.