1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2010-11 Salaries /195 - for info

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by magic surf bus, Feb 5, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

For information, as the subject attracts a lot of discussion in this Forum, here are the current 2010-11 teachers' salaries divided by 195 to give the maximum daily supply rate you could expect if paid to scale. Obviously, agency flat rates will differ considerably in many cases, but here are the baseline figures for comparison:
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:256pt;border-collapse:collapse;"><tr style="height:15.75pt;"><td style="background-color:transparent;width:29pt;height:15.75pt;border:#d4d0c8;" class="xl70">Scale</td><td style="background-color:transparent;width:71pt;border:#d4d0c8;" class="xl70">Salary/195</td><td style="background-color:transparent;width:47pt;border:#d4d0c8;" class="xl70">L Inner</td><td style="background-color:transparent;width:47pt;border:#d4d0c8;" class="xl70">L Outer</td><td style="background-color:transparent;width:62pt;border:#d4d0c8;" class="xl70">L Fringe</td></tr><tr style="height:15.75pt;"><td style="border-bottom:#d4d0c8;border-left:#eaeaea 1pt solid;background-color:transparent;width:29pt;height:15.75pt;border-top:#eaeaea 1pt solid;border-right:#d4d0c8;" class="xl71">
    Data based on figures quoted on the TES website.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Thanks for that magicsurfbus. Would myself never have thought of this, but it does show quite clearly the difference between what LA, Agency or CS pay & how much people are losing out!

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

As a ready reckoner, think of outside London M1 as £110 then add £10 for each point higher up the pay scale.

4. In the (old) days of a 5 day week that roughly equates to losing a day's pay to the agency,.

5. In the (old) days of a 5 day week that roughly equates to losing a day's pay to the agency,or working one day per week , gratis, for the agency.

6. I am being paid over &pound;56 a day less than I would if I were paid to scale, that's "280 a week less than I should be. A lot more than one day's pay. More than 2 days even.