1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2008 SATS Marking

Discussion in 'English' started by sophie_123, Feb 17, 2008.

1. grouch...looks like you've been forgotten!! cavers...everyone's still waiting for where and when re-training meeting.

2. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

I rang 'em. They found me. I may have to ring again.

Gnash.

3. lol! At least you got through to somebody! This is not boding well for our scripts being delivered on time, our payment coming through when it's supposed to etc etc!

4. gruoch

Glass resolutely half full. [Fixed grin.]

5. Can anyone tell me how much of the marking is likely to continue into July and whether the deadline will be towards the beginning or end of July?

Can you get it all done in June?

I'm doing a course in July.

6. Yes, suke, you'll be fine doing it all in June. Sometimes you're borderlining or sending scripts back etc in July - so as long as you're in this country and able to do that, you'll be fine

7. gruoch

Don't forget they're threatening to have the scripts back in school before the end of term (laughs hysterically).

ETS rang me this morning. 'We sent you a contract and are concerned we haven't had it back.'
    Me: That'll be because I haven't received one
    Them: Is it in your inbox - or spam?
    Me: No
    Them: It was posted a while ago.
    Me: When?
    Them: Err - I don't know. Would you be willing to mark extra scripts?

8. Thanks Mrs. F. L.. I'll sign the contract straight off!

9. Grouch- similar conversation to the one I had with them this morning! I think 650 is enough first time round!

10. When do we get paid? will it be in time to book a last minute summer holiday with the money?

11. gruoch

If payment for the pilot is anything to go by, no.

12. delenn

delenn New commenter

I rang ETS about venue for TL meeting- I need to know so I can book travel, sort out childcare etc. Was told that I would get either a letter today or a phone call. No info in post, waiting for phone call! If they are asking about extra scripts already it does not bode well.

13. taj

taj

14. gruoch

A friend is Sr person for KS2 reading and had to go to London for a standardisation meeting. Said person lives in the Midlands and the train was late because of works around Brum. 'If you are late, you will not be allowed to mark.'

15. delenn

delenn New commenter

I've just rang ETS and been told that I cannot be told the venue of the the TL meeting until 18th April- it's top secret apparantly. if I didn't need the money....

16. taj

taj

I rang ETS yesterday to confirm they had actually received my signed contract back and asked about the venues etc for training. The woman at the other end of the phone didn't know much about anything only that as of last Friday they had started sending out information to everybody and this would go on up to the end of April. From that I took it to mean that they are sending stuff out in batches.

If they are doing it alphabetically, and recent events are anything to go by, I'll probably get my training info on the day I'm supposed to attend! LOL! You couldn't make it up!If schools were this disorganised we'd all be in Special Measures.

17. Seriously, if any of you knew the trouble we had with ETS on the online marking pilot you would have expected trouble........or maybe, like me, would definitely not mark for them!

Expect your pay at least 2 months later than promised. Expect to get the wrong forms at the wrong time and expect markers to drop out along the way.

The people you complain to or really, really lovely. They are polite and helpful. I guess it's the people 'at the top' who are comletely incompetent.

18. ....my spelling went a bit there, didn't it!!!!!? Must be the effect remembering has on me :)
    ....along with the twitch!...good luck everyone!

19. Is it realistic to do KS2 sats marking as well as being a full time teacher?

Have had my contract but not sure if I am taking on too much?

20. gruoch

Yes - but the money's rubbish. KS2 markers get the same for the whole thing as KS2 do for reading OR writing!