1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2008 SATS Marking

Discussion in 'English' started by sophie_123, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Bum..that's May Gala day AND my daughter's 18th!

2. satnav

satnav New commenter

I got an email today asking if I'd like to be a team leader! Whilst I'm very flattered to be asked I think I might give it a miss this year given that it is likely to be a complete **** up. I also think it's a bit worry that they are still recruiting team leaders at the end of Marcg for test taking place at the start of May.

3. Last year's team leaders were sent an email with a list of all of last year's A grade markers asking if any should be invited to be a team leader this year. So you have your previous TL to thank! For my subject it was a list of 700 names!
    Anyway, only 50 days to go!

4. delenn

delenn New commenter

I was recommended for TL by a senior marker and I accepted because I've been marking for 10yrs and it seems like the next step. I'm quite looking forward to it.

5. Does anyone know when we might be hearing about where and when we'll have the training meeting???

6. from the ETS website:

KS2 English - 17/05/08
    KS3 English reading - 10/05/08
    KS3 English writing - 10/05/08

Where will the training be held?
    Training will be held in the following locations:
    Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield and York. Training agendas, venue details and maps will all be posted to you in April, and www.makingamark.org.uk will be updated with this information regularly.

7. vshell

vshell New commenter

many thanks satsmarker.

I got a phonecall from ETS asking me if I knew of anyone who would be intersted in marking papers as they were short. I am still waiting for the form they promised to email (so I could pass it on). Anyone else had this form emailed to them as a few of my colleagues would like to mark.

V

8. :)@satsmarker
    ..I hear nothing where I am kept...

9. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Nope - and no reply to repeated emails.

10. I got my letter today telling me my training was in London (NW3) and to RSVP on the website. Hopefully other people will get theirs soon.

11. I got my contract yesterday - had completely forgotten about it! Have marked GCSE before but never NCTs so am feeling slightly apprehensive at the moment.

12. no need to be apprehensive, hep. It's a doddle :)

13. Which paper do you mark MrsFL? I'm down for reading.

14. Me too! I've marked it forever so I'll help you
    claireskyuk@hotmail.com
    There's my email if you need to contact me, hep :)

15. vshell

vshell New commenter

OOH Mrs Lampard - could I take you up on this offer. I've never marked SATs (NCT for Markuss!) before and I was just saying to Mr V that I feel I have made a huge mistake (so much pressure, what if I mark all the Shakespeare wrong etc)

V

16. course you can vshell....just email me when you're worried about anything. I'll reply!
    If either of you use msn, add me as a buddy and we can chat on there :)

17. Thank you MrsFL - that's really kind. You can be mentor to myself and Vshell!!!

18. vshell

vshell New commenter

many thanks MrsFL

You will find me a studious student (not like Hep) ;0)

V x

19. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Should I try to phone them, d'you think?

20. I haven't grouch..or emailed them. I sent off the contract thing and will just wait for the April post, like satnav said.

Am sooooo looking forward to mentoring my two pupils! I'm generous on the gold stars you know :)