1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2008 SATS Marking

Discussion in 'English' started by sophie_123, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Just received my contract too

Lou

2. delenn

delenn New commenter

Did you receive them through the mail or email?

3. Received mine today - via post.

4. satnav

satnav New commenter

I got mine today but I'mstill struggling to fit the contact into the prepaid envelope. When I do finally get it in I'm guessing ETS will be left paying a hefty surcharge to the Royal Mail because it will be more than 5mm thick.

5. Just what I was thinking as I crammed it in to the envelope!

6. satnav

satnav New commenter

When I'm not marking or supply teaching I write jokes for greeting cards companies in order to maximise my income I try to stuff as many ideas as possible into an envelope. Using trial and error I've found that I've discovered you can just about get away with 10 sheets of paper folded once if you put it in a C5 envelope. Sadly ETS have not yet discovered this.

7. kellyegg

kellyegg New commenter

anyone got the contact number (applied ages ago lost number) ta

8. I have been 'approved' apparently, but no sign of contract. Does anybody know what date the standardisation meetings are?

Ta

9. hardworker

hardworker New commenter

I'm in the same boat as OP! To be fair i decided later, after being asked in November if i wanted to mark again, that i did acutally want to mark again this year.

I registered on the http://www.examinerrecruitment.org/website for all key stages. However, not heard a thing despite being an ' A' grade marker for SATs last year however I did hear back from a KS4 syllabus i had also applied for.

I have now gone straight to ETS Europe's website and can't sign on at www.makingamark.co.uk/com because my email address is already registered so they won't let me re-register!(they've obviously got me on their database!)So i've phoned and phoned the number on their website and it certainly does not operate the hours it says it does! It's shut all the time. So i rang from school today on my moible (expensive) and got put through to a useless girl who complained becuase they had made her come back from her break to answer the phone!! She couldn't spell my name, didn't listen to anything i said and then said she'd pass my complain on to somewhere, which i doubt she'll do. Ets themselves haven't responsded to a message i sent to them either by email.

I keep hearing they need markers but I doubt i'm going to hear back at this rate. Any ideas where I go now?

10. Ha@satnav..nice one. I think I might be good at greeting card rhymes. How did you get in to that then?

11. satnav

satnav New commenter

I just sent some ideas off to some companies on spec and one of the companies were impressed enough to send me some black and white pictures to put captions to. That was about 10 years ago and I've been submitting stuff every since. I tend to sell most of my ideas to Quitting Hollywood at the moment because they tend to buy the slightly ruder stuff. If you take a look at theit web page you'll get an idea of what they use, I think at the moment they are also buying funny photographs that can be captioned.

12. sophie_123

sophie_123 New commenter

Have checked again and my status has changed from 'In progress' to 'Approved'. I'm now hoping they'll send me some official confirmation and further details - and not leave it to the last minute!

13. I received my contract a couple of weeks ago and have been umming and ahhing about it as I will have a newborn baby aged approx 6 weeks when the scripts come out! ETS actually phoned me yesterday to hurry me up a bit but today I've heard from AQA, which I'm much happier doing so I'm going to tell ETS I can't do it.

14. thanks for that savnav. I'll look into it.
    has anyone any idea when the meeting date is? And whether it's an actual meeting in an actual place, or whether it's all online and over the internet?
    :-$

15. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Face to face.

Still no contract - I've emailed 'em.

16. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

I'm still being "processed" and told I'll hear "by the end of the calendar year". I asked if this meant I was out of it this year and was told it didn't!

17. satnav

satnav New commenter

I'm guessing training will take place the weekend after the tests have been taken so 10/11th May.

18. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Usually is!

No response to email :-(

19. KS3 training: 10 May
    KS2 training: 17 May
    Venues have still not been decided