1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

20% sale

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, Sep 16, 2017.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

How has everyone done in the current 20% sale on resources costing £5 or more? I have only sold 1. However there is still one more day of the sale to go. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be more fruitful. Wishing the same to all TES authors.

biowriterab, mathsmutt and mrajlong like this.
  2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Got a bit lucky on Friday with two of my larger resources, apart from that, not too many £5+ sales. Also hoping Sunday will be a good one - it's usually my best selling day of the week. Good luck!

labellaroma likes this.
  3. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

Selling a few less than £5 but the sale isn't really having any affect on my sales of bundles, feel it's a bit useless really

labellaroma likes this.
  4. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Had three sales of resources over £5 with all my others being smaller prices so not sure the sale has had much of an affect.

5. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Ditto - only 3 sales of resources over £5 on Friday/Saturday.

6. mrajlong

Sales seem to have less impact than the voucher codes. AND vouchers were a large factor in the bumper March sales most authors had in '17. Don't think we'll see them again though - too much abuse :( Do Tes do enough to promote their sales? Do they email ALL their millions of members with a link? I didn't even know about it until Saturday morning!!

7. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

It has made absolutely no difference! :(
    It would be good if TES emailed anyone who had saved/wishlisted any resource over £5 to say, "Still wanting to buy this? Buy now for 20% off"

mathsmutt likes this.
  8. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Good day om Friday but Today and Yesterday poor.
    Does not help that there are so many technical glitches such as 20% sale not attached to the correct resources.
    Also sales sometimes not being allocated to the seller account, only know this because a friend purchased, how many occasions of this is there that I do not know about?

9. mrajlong

Well, unless there is a miracle this evening, today has been almost a washout.

teachercellar and mracdpresent like this.
  10. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

Zero for me too... But I'm hopeful...

mathsmutt likes this.
  11. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Zero sales over £5 and September is on track to be worse than August.

mathsmutt likes this.
  12. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

As a side note I'm fed up with the pop up telling me to get £3 off my first purchased resource (something I don't qualify for!)

13. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Snap!

mathsmutt likes this.
  14. teachercellar

Me too sales are really down from last september TES why?

15. teachercellar

The only thing making me feel not just so bad is that everyone seems to be in the same boat! feel like I'm sinking as last september was fantastic this month is pathetic!

16. mrajlong

Keep the faith. Last year I posted how disappointed I was with September sales and actually stopped making resources for a bit. It did pick up...a lot. Could be a trend...

Littlesherbetlemon and Krazikas like this.
  17. mrajlong

Yesterday's Stats:

All views: 240
    Free Downloads: 543!
    Sales: 2
    Conversion: 1%

Bloomin' awful!

My free stuff clearly does not seem to be feeding my premium stuff the way I hoped it would :(

18. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Like you said in your previous post - keep the faith...... all those who did free downloads may come back tomorrow to purchase when they see how good your free resources are!

Littlesherbetlemon likes this.
  19. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

Same for me!

20. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

Just curious. How did everyone respond to the 30p transaction fee? I took the hit, kept my prices the same and haven't noticed a drop off.