1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

20% Part-time Salary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Morcille, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Morcille

Morcille New commenter

Hello,

I am considering applying for a part time job in primary, which would be 1 day per week. If I understood correctly it will be a very busy day, probably with no gaps between each lesson and there are some after school activities involved as well.

I was wondering if the salary should correspond to 20%, given that I wouldn't have any reduction of the timetable to spend time preparing my lessons/correcting etc. or if it should be higher.

Thank you!

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

If all the days are the same length the school would expect to pay you 20% of full time salary for one day a week. You should still get 10% of that one day for PPA though (10% of your timetabled teaching time) to be taken during school time on the day you work.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. marie_uk

marie_uk New commenter

Or it should employ you for arguably 22% to include your ppa.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

*scratches head* Why? PPA time comes out of the 20% if you work 0.2, not in addition.