1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

20 MINUTE YEAR 3 LESSON ON ANYTHING? PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by snoopyboo, Jun 27, 2008.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Bella_b,

I am fed up WITH posts like this. Learn some English.

I have no objection to a poster putting a suggested interview scenario forward and asking what people think. What really does annoy me are those who have absolutely no idea and ask others to prepare their interviews for them.

Get real!! Are you actually able to do the job? Well demonstrate it to the interview panel then! If not, then stay where you are or leave the profession.

2. Nomad I agree with what you are saying, teachers have to be creative and able to take a simple idea and create something that is based on learning objectives,that the children will be inspired by and which fundementally interests you as well. However, even the most creative person can struggle to find that initial key word or topic because they can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to a job that they really want. This also happens to the more experienced of us during Ofsted sometimes! My advice to the initial writer would be to teach something you know well and which you enjoy/find interesting.What is your strength?

3. I am with nomad on this. It makes me cross!

4. Nomad?

I can't believe people come on to a forum for exchanging ideas to slag others off for seeking advice. Please rest assured that I am a very good teacher, so you and the head teachers who read this forum can relax.

I am so sorry that, like other teachers, with an extremely heavy workload, I might seek advice from other creative individuals at a stressful time.

To everyone else, thank you for your ideas, that I will look back over and respond to!

5. I have actually read back over the ideas, not the sad individuals who came on a forum to criticize. Thanks for the ideas about poetry. I have taught the Magic Box before to my year 5 class and know it can be used for all year groups.

I am still keen to introduce a story sack and get some talk going about characters/settings and will think more about that tomorrow. I only just heard I got the interview this afternoon and have never been in year 3 before so will look at their S & L objectives to try and match.

thanks everyone, anyway

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Snoopyboo,

You claim to be a "very good teacher".

Ok, go ahead and prove it to yourself and to the interview panel.

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines]

7. portugirl

portugirl New commenter

Please tell me Roni1972's post is a wind up.

8. It has her full name in it so if she is in my interview lesson schedule then that will be an interesting conversation!