1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

20 minute literacy lesson

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 24, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The first is better in that it shows their understanding of the text. The second idea doesn't really do that.

The first idea sounds good to me. How many children will you have? Any more than about 6-8 and you'll have to give out venn diagrams and explain how to use them and all that, which will be too much.

2. They didn't specify how many children I would have.... I have emailed but seeing how its Easter I have yet to get a reply.

If it was a bigger group do you think it would be better if I had two hula hoops overlapping on the floor to show the venn diagram, and would then describe it (and put on labels?) Also if I printed out pictures/phrases (e.g. a brick house, three little pigs etc) and asked the children to discuss in pairs where it should go then present it to the class (e.g. the brick house should go in the middle because it is in both stories)

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeah. you could have them sat in a large circle and discuss in 2s and 3s where the picture or words should go then defend their decision to the class. But that then sounds a bit simple. You might need something more along the lines of 'why did....?'