1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

20 Minute Interview Lesson on Poetry! Please help :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stephscott, May 1, 2011.

1. Hello, I'm a pgce student and have just got my first interview for a job for september. It's in my current placement school which I love, I can't tell you how much I want this job.
    For the interview I have to teach a 20 minute poetry lesson to a year 4 class of 31. I was thinking of reading them kit wright's 'the magic box' to start, and then introduce an interesting object for them to look at. I would then have several categories for adjectives about the object, e.g. 'what sound would it make?', 'what human feelings might it have?', 'what kind of texture is it?' etc. The children would discuss with a talking partner, then offer their adjectives for me to write up. Once we have a 'word bank' I would ask the children to talk again with a partner to think of a descriptive sentence to go into a poem about the object.

The problem is, I've not taught year 4 before and I've not taught an interview lesson before. Is this the kind of thing they will be expecting or will they want the children to write something down?