1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2 terms needed

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by 10022576, Jun 27, 2011.

1. I finished my degree 5 years ago, I was a supply teacher for 4 years and completed 1 term NQT on a long term supply. This academic year I have worked as a Learning support officer as I could not afford to be on supply any longer, plus can only be on supply for a certain amount of time.
    My problem is I need to complete the remainder 2 terms and need help with suggestions of how to do this. I have applied for 20 jobs this year with no reply. The reason im given is over 150 people applied but I am thinking it is because I havnt been teaching this year???
    Any ideas would be grateful

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Firstly, commiserations! It is harder than ever at present to get a job.
    Secondly - I don't know what the rule is about completing your NQT induction within a certain time. I suggest that you ask on the NQT Forum for proper advice on that
    You are not the only person in this situation (no consolation, I know!). At least look at this thread for suggestions.
    Dear Theo- Applications and Interviews- Feel like I've hit a brick wall
    P.S.
    I'm haven't . . . You do need to ensure that your application is totally error free . . .
    Best wishes
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.