1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2 missed calls from a school that dismissed me.

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by forfacebookx, Jun 3, 2019.

1. forfacebookx

forfacebookx New commenter

Hi all looking for some advice here. I was on a long term supply contract to one of the official worat schools in England and the worst in tbe Western World in my opinion.
    Anyway I got no support whatsoever (I' an NQT) and no one seemed to give a toss about the kids welfare or behaviour anyway. I asked numerous times for support and for any advice whatsoever obv. Thinking this was the right thing to do however it went against the school's ethos of 'out of sight out of mind' and just push everything out of the carpet.
    Hence they terminated my contract and it was a relief tbh as it was a miserable existence.
    Anyway I had a missed call from them this morning and from them the friday before half term (which was a week after I was terminated) no voicemail either time and my agent has not been in touch with me.
    I wont answer or return the call as to be honest I'm a little bit traumatised by the experience and embarassed too.
    Has anyone got any idea what they could have been calling about?
    TIA,
    Kaylee.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Why not ask the Supply Agency to find out for you? Might be something or nothing... But I'd want to know, if it was me.

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

It could be something really simple - maybe you left something behind, or forgot to leave something you should have left? You will only know if you ask.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

It could be a former colleague wanting to know how you are, or any number of things. If the school has just one number, calling them back might not help as they won't know who it was. But I suggest you try ("I think somebody was trying to get hold of me, not sure who...") and that you answer if they call again. It is clearly playing on your mind, so this is likely to reassure you. And, if there is a problem (which I doubt) not speaking to them won't make it go away.

Huge sympathy for you as an NQT to be stuck in a school like that. I hope you find something better soon.

MissGeorgi and JohnJCazorla like this.