1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

2 miscarriages and still trying for baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by JHSticks, Jun 29, 2011.

1. It does Nawoods, I know you know my story but 3mc's in 9 months and 4 pg's in a year and I thought it couldnt work and here I am wyth my 15 week old baby girl. I got tests done after 2 as it was classed as being quite far on at 12 1/2 weeks. I also saw a mc consultant after mc 3 who said I had basically had 3 lots of bad fortune and there was no reason it wouldnt be ok. Push for the tests to put your mind at ease and hopefully your story will have a happy beginning soon. Much love, I know how tough it is xxx

2. I had 5 miscarriages over 3 years. NHS testing found nothing, went private they found something. Now 25 weeks pregnant (after never getting past 6 weeks).
    It can happen!

3. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I had tests after two miscarriages and nothing was discovered. I then did some investigating myself and I guessed I had a progesterone problem. I went to the GP who did a test and I was slightly deficient in progesterone.
    I was referred to a consultant and I also bought progesterone cream online. I fell pregnant again and asked if I could have progesterone pessaries - I was refused them. I miscarried again.
    A few months later I was pregnant again and was given the pessaries - and I'm now mum to a 6 week old baby girl!
    I was also given hcg injections for the first 16 weeks and ate sweet potato to help with progesterone production, for the same length of time - and now I cannot stand sweet potato!!!

4. My SIL had two miscarriages last year after trying unsuccessfully to conceive for several months. She paid to see Dr Shehata privately the week before Christmas and is now expecting a baby in September.

5. It was him I went to see!! He is a miracle man in my eyes!!

6. chocolateheaven

chocolateheaven New commenter

My best friend has had 5 miscarriages, 2 missed miscarriages and 2 difficult butultimately healthy pregnancies in 5 years. She has two gorgeous little children, 3 and 18months, and is debating trying for a third. She says she's not sure that she can cope with the emotional drain of going through it again, and she has no faith that she will conceive without difficulties again, but she would really like another and is aware it may take a couple of years to get one to 'stick', as she calls it. She had 3 mc and 1 mmc before conceiving first, and nearly gave up.
    Know it must be hard, but it does happen xx

7. Yes, I have a friend who had more than one miscarriage but does have two healthy children now.