1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

2 interviews...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Corrie_Fan, May 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Corrie_Fan

    Corrie_Fan New commenter

    ...and a hunch. Reassurance needed please!

    I need to find a new job for September (due to my hours being cut at current school) and have 2 interviews next week. One on Tuesday for a job in a school that rightly or wrongly, I don't have a good feeling about. They have asked for a massive amount (see my other post on the data interview!) plus a 50 minute lesson and it would take me a lot of hours to prepare.

    I found out today I have a second interview at a school I really like the sound of, doing my dream job, in a place that would be perfect. This interview is on Wednesday but they won't be sending out details until Monday morning.

    I'm seriously considering pulling out of the Tuesday interview as then I could focus all my efforts on the other one. My heart's not in it and if I did get offered the job, they'd no doubt want a decision before I know the outcome of the Wednesday interview. And if I didn't get it, it might dent my confidence for the Wednesday.

    Am I mad to opt out of the first interview? Or should I do both and see what happens?!!!
     
  2. Lara mfl 05

    Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

    How desperate are you for a job- any job?

    As you surmise at the Tues interview you will probably be asked, "Are you still a serious candidate for this post?" and therefore it would be strange to be asked for time to think. So you might have to accept or run the risk of being dependent on being offered the Wed. one. Or another one not yet advertised.

    However if you'd prefer the Wed one and are certain you wouldn't want it why not pull out early now? Would give the school the possibility of inviting another serious candidate.

    Or else go along and see if your 'misgivings' about the post/school are justified and when asked that question say truthfully that you are uncertain-whether you are the best fit for the school/post whatever- probably rephrase that better so as not to offend.
     
  3. TheoGriff

    TheoGriff Star commenter

    .

    As @Lara mfl 05 says . . . very sound points made there.

    I assume that you have read this, from your comment above, but I'll post it here for other readers of this thread

    Two interviews and a dilemma

    Best wishes, whatever the decision

    .
     

Share This Page