1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1st Day of Supply in 1 Year

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by suertesamp, Dec 4, 2019.

1. suertesamp

suertesamp New commenter

I decided to start doing supply again after my last assignment 1 year ago. I had been working as a TA January until July, and unemployed since then. I'm doing my Masters now.
    I went to a school with a really good reputation, outstanding Ofsted rating, and was pleased to have been sent there.
    It was one of the better days I've had on supply. Behaviour good for the most part, no students with phones out, no swearing, rudeness etc. Only had one bad lesson probably caused mainly by the confusion regarding the work set. It was not a walk in the park by any means. Warnings were given to few students and the only issue I faced was off task behaviours during written activities. Not really naughty though, just lazy.
    I think I am improving and gaining confidence in classroom management. I have struggled with this before and previously left a cover job because I couldn't manage the children. I'm not teacher trained either, but I am not considering doing a PGCE, only doing this to pay the bills. I also have some anxiety and I am going through a bout of depression. Being at work improved my mood though.