1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

19th Century

Discussion in 'History' started by mapicone, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Hello British friends! I have posted several times in this forum and I need your advice once again. I teach history at KS3 but in Argentina where our course of studies is a combination of our "national curriculum" and the English one. In Year 9, we deal with the 19th century as a whole, including key processes in Latin America and, of course, Argentina. But one strong element this year is the European 19th century. The school is keen on having this "part" of the syllabus based on IGCSE History (19th century), which is quite interesting. The problem is that barely no one in Argentina teaches that so there are no books in English to teach 1848 revolutions, the Italian and German unifications, Japan Meiji and the USA. Have you got any book that could cover these topics at this level? (Language is not an issue).

Thank you a lot!

Angie

2. Hello British friends! I have posted several times in this forum and I need your advice once again. I teach history at KS3 but in Argentina where our course of studies is a combination of our "national curriculum" and the English one. In Year 9, we deal with the 19th century as a whole, including key processes in Latin America and, of course, Argentina. But one strong element this year is the European 19th century. The school is keen on having this "part" of the syllabus based on IGCSE History (19th century), which is quite interesting. The problem is that barely no one in Argentina teaches that so there are no books in English to teach 1848 revolutions, the Italian and German unifications, Japan Meiji and the USA. Have you got any book that could cover these topics at this level? (Language is not an issue).

Thank you a lot!

Angie

3. Take a look at "History for Teens : The 19th Century" by Taryn Earley. It's on Amazon UK and US. ISBN 978-0-9565409-3-5.