1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1970 International Teacher Program for Commonwealth Tchrs

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by dgellatly, Sep 17, 2019.

1. dgellatly

dgellatly New commenter

In the years 1969 - 1970, as an International Commonwealth teacher from Canada, I participated in a commonwealth orientation program associated with English schools which was offered at U of L in London, England.

The program was located at the University of London, involved a tutor and consisted primarily of visiting significant English schools to enable sharing. I have misplaced my notes on my experience in London but would appreciate if someone could identify the program for me. Thank you.

Douglas Gellatly
    Cobourg, Ontario, Canada

2. sarah_dann1

sarah_dann1 Occasional commenter TES Behaviour peer advisor

Hi Douglas,

Sorry, I am not aware of this programme but it might be better to place this question on the Overseas Trained Teachers forum instead. I think members there are more likely to have the knowledge.

Regards,
    Sarah

3. frustum

frustum Star commenter

The Overseas Trained Teachers forum is populated more by people new to the country now, trying to work out how to get qualified status here, so they're unlikely to know about something from fifty years back. You're more likely to find people who remember the scheme amongst those who were working in London schools back then - but they'll be in their 70s now. The "personal" forum might be worth a try, as there are some retired teachers around there, but I think most are probably more recently retired than that. Or maybe those of us with parents who were working then can ask if any of them came across it. Was it primary schools or secondary schools?