1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1960s day at primary school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hannah_siddon, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I would like to have a 1960's day or afternoon as part of topic on Britain since 1948. Was wondering if anyone had done something like this before and could suggest activites that worked well.
    Thought may do product adverts for toys popular then, but would appreciate ideas that anyone has.
    Thanks.

2. I would like to have a 1960's day or afternoon as part of topic on Britain since 1948. Was wondering if anyone had done something like this before and could suggest activites that worked well.
    Thought may do product adverts for toys popular then, but would appreciate ideas that anyone has.
    Thanks.

3. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

What about an hour from each decade from 1948 until now? So first lesson is 50s, second is 60s then 70s, 80s etc or something? You could give a whirlwind tour of music, dance moves, toys, clothes, and other stuff from each decade? That would be cool.

4. A teacher in my school often does a 1960's day as part of his topic. They do tie-dying of tshirts, come dressed as someone from the 1960's, listen to music and play Beatles guitar hero!